Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Distance between ceremony, reception, and hotel

We are planning to have our reception at the Arts Incubator in the Crossroads district of KC.  We found a park in Mission, KS (a 5-ish mile drive from the Arts Incubator) we would like to have our ceremony in.  We are also planning to block rooms at the Marriott on the Plaza for our guests.  Are these locations too far apart?  I am really worried.  We have a lot of out of town guests and I don't want them to think all they are doing is driving. 

Honestly from the hotel to the park is 10-15 minutes from park to Arts Incubator is another 10-15 and from the Arts Incubator to the hotel is probably 10.  Are we asking our guests to travel too much?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Distance between ceremony, reception, and hotel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always block rooms at one of the hotels downtown (Marriott Downtown, Hilton President, Hotel Phillips).  We've used the Marriott Downtown for our wedding coming up and so far they have been so great about keeping up good communication with us.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ten to fifteen minutes is not bad. I would not make the drive any longer than that for your out-of-towners.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that's too long at all. I've been to weddings that have a much longer distance between! I would definitely say to try to block a couple different hotels maybe one near the park and one near the art incubator that way your guests can pick. I would definitely think most would want to be closer to the recepetion, but you never know!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards