California-San Diego

Coordinator and Boudoir Photgrapher and Jeweler

Hello all,

I am looking for a Coordinator for my wedding next year, and a boudoir photographer.  The boudoir photographer does not necessarily have to be a wedding photographer.  I am not ready to book our wedding photographer, but want to get the boudoir photos as an engagement gift.  An experienced boudoir phtoographer would be great.  A friend of mine used someone who was just getting into boudoir, and she did not like her photos very much.

Also, I would love to hear some recommendations for a coordinator in the san diego or riverside areas.  I would like someone who is experienced most of all, on their own, not as an assistant, and with great reviews.  I have run into some recommendations on another board for a few people who are pretty new.  While I am sure they are fantastic, I would really feel peace of mind with someone who has been doing this on their own.  I don't want to run into some of the issues I have read of new wedding planenrs. 

Lastly, do you know of a great jeweler?  We had my engagement ring desinged in Arizona, but I would love a contact for a local jeweler if you love yours.

thank you so much!

Re: Coordinator and Boudoir Photgrapher and Jeweler

• edited December 2011
    I can't give reviews on them yet as I haven't used them, but the coordinator and boudior photgrapher that I am going to be using are Divine Events by Helena (coordinator) and Shadow Boudior (boudior photos). I heard many god things about both on the knot and in other reviews I researched. My communication with both so far has been great! So, I can't speak on the final product yt, but I would highly recommend speaking with them! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Also, with shadow boudior, she does do wedding photography too, which she mentioned on the phone, but she wasn't pushy about it at all! I wasn't and still am not ready to tie down a photographer yet so she said, when that time comes, if I do go with her for my wedding photos as well, my deposit for the boudior photos can just go  towards the wedding photography ( I think you get a boudior session with most if not all her wedding packages).
  • kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used Jenny at Luxe Events as a coordinator (she owns her events coordination company, but does have an assistant who helps with day-of events to keep bride and groom separate but on track), and everything was amazing.  

She handled almost everything for us, found us a venue we never would have heard of otherwise, negotiated contracts and got discounts with several vendors, and orchestrated everything perfectly. She found us a fantastic florist who was 1/3 less than the commercial one we were looking at, and is truly fantastic.
  • edited December 2011

thank you both!  I am going to contact shadow boudoir this weekend.  i heard great things about helena on another board i frequent, but also heard that she is very new, so i am just hoping to find someone with a little more experience.  thank you both so much.

any other recommendations, please keep them coiming.

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I am primarily a wedding photographer but LOVE shooting boudoir.  Check out my website at www.mirellecarmichael.com.  For coordinators I highly recommend Melissa Barrad and Kasey Shepard of I Do Weddings!
  • frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Shadow Boudoir for my boudoir photos and Shadowcatcher imagery (the parent company) for my engagement and wedding photos.  Could not be happier with the results from ALL of the work they did.

If you want to message me about my experince with the boudoir shoot, I'd be happy to chat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards