Florida-Central Florida
Options

Timing Vendor Appointments

According to the lists out there I should start meeting with Florists and Cake people. What are your thoughts on the timing?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
225 image Invited
127 image Making the Trip
98 image Missing out
0 image MIA
RSVP date February 19th

Re: Timing Vendor Appointments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd start looking... I called Vicki from Peddles today & she told me I still had plenty of time though. (March 6 bride) but it can't hurt to book early! Luckily with cake & floral they can do more than one wedding per day so it's not as important as say venue or photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As in, how much time to budget at each place? Hmm... I feel like most of my initial vendor meetings shouldn't have taken more than 45 minutes, but I think we always ended up sitting there chatting for longer. You probably don't want to do more than three in a day - otherwise it all runs together - unless you're trying to do a marathon and do everything in a weekend or something. HTH?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I totally misunderstood your question. Alyssa = dork.

We started meeting with bakers and florists about 5 months out and had no problems getting who we wanted.
  • Options
    kenzie.lee.85kenzie.lee.85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started doing mine way in advance I had my florisit at about ten months out,  my photographer about a month after that. I found my cake lady at about six months out. Some people have specifications about booking to far out depending on the size of your wedding. I figured I wanted to book as many of my vendors early as possible while they were still concerned about the economy so they would be willing to make deals.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I don't think it's ever too early to start but you need to do it in a certain order.  YOu have to have your ceremony and reception site booked with a deposit before you do anything else.  Then from there I would hire the DJ and the Photographer and after that the others.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its whenever you want. Start looking for people and then set up a meeting. Once you know who you want book them because 5 other people want them too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm an unusual bride (feb. 27, 2011 wedding date) and I have everything booked already! It feels good to have it done so it's really up to you. I start law school in august so I knew I would have zero time to do wedding stuff so doing it all this summer and last year helped immensely!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa: Haha I understand how you got confused, but that helps too because we most likely will have a few marathon days.

Jen: You have good reasoning though you are leaving the area!

I was all ahead of the ballgame when I was unemployed, now that I am again employed I feel like its the last thing I want to do when I get home. Granted I plan events all day, drive an hour each way, and hit the gym. Fiance works late Friday nights so Saturdays he is usually a waste. Maybe I'll look at when my Mom's coming back down and schedule so she can come (she complains I don't include her).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just met for my cake last week...and we were like, 4 months out from the wedding date.
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is really up to you and your FI - and mainly for financial reasons since most of your vendors will want a deposit (up to 50%)..I am getting married in August and had all of my vendors booked by May of last year. It helped out A LOT because I received 2009 rates instead of 2010 and I got ALL of the vendors I wanted..More of the popular vendors (Ashlie Hampton, It's Tasty Too!, Jay Edwards) book up more quickly..All 3 of those vendors already had bookings for 2010 when I met with them in April, last year..Good luck and happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards