Michigan-Detroit
Options

King's Court Castle

Hey everyone! My FI and I are interested in booking our ceremony and reception at King's Court Castle. Are you going to get married there or have you? How was your experience? How was the food?

Any info would really be helpful! =) We need to decide this week what to do..

The place seems really nice and so different.

Re: King's Court Castle

• Options
    edited December 2011

Where is that located?? Is that the one up north??? A part of Castle Farms???

• Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that the food is very good but that the coordinators for KCC can be difficult to work with. You may want to try paging Mrs.Amann over on the the nest. She just got married there in December and her reviews would probably be helpful for you.

Frances- it's in Lake Orion, part of Canterbury Village. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We originally booked Kings Court. We ended up cancelling and demanding our deposit back because it took them over 5 months to get the contract right. In addition to that, they kept telling us all the things we could do but never gave us prices or contracts for them. (example: we wanted to get married in the courtyard and then have cocktails in the pavillion)

The food was pretty good. I wouldn't write home about it though. It's a lot of money for a big headache when dealing with their coordinators. If you are going to go with them, definitely speak with Angela, I think she was the most knowledgable person there!
  • Options
    samantha1185samantha1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the feedback! I haven't spoken to anybody but Angela and if we book there hopefully we'll continue to deal with her because she's been really helpful so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year. It was a pretty cool location and the food was really good. It also had a cool bar nextdoor we all went to after the wedding. Not too sure on all the coordinating info and contracts or anything though.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just booked with them yesterday and had the best experience!! Angela is the banquet manager and wasw great!! The place is awesome and you can try some of the food at the restaurant or the Irish pub there. i don't know all about the other posts and the issues...i'm jsut having a normal wedding ceremony and reception there and i got my contraqct for that fine.  I asked for different kinds of beers and it was no problem, i asked to have my dogs in the wedding and it was no problem...they are super laid back about everything! Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    karolinawsukarolinawsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my bridal shower there next month.  I've neem working with Angela!  She is so helpful and nice!!!  I've heard nothing but good things.  I'll let you know my experience after the shower!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    samantha1185samantha1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies! I'm actually waiting for Angela to give me a call back later. I have tons of questions to ask. Hopefully everything works out. The place is so great but I keep hearing mixed reviews and it makes me a little nervous.
  • Options
    karolinawsukarolinawsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our shower there two weeks ago, and it was smooth sailing!!! The food was excellent and the service was super!!!  Angela even stopped in to make sure everything was good!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards