Favors

Redundant Favors

If I am doing a cocktails & appetizers & desserts-only type reception, would it be somewhat redundant to also give a favor of chocolate covered pretzels or candy apples?

Thoughts? 

Re: Redundant Favors

• edited December 2011
    I don't think so. I think they would make great favors
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would still enjoy getting it.  I would probably be more apt to take it home and eat it there rather than at the wedding, which is the point anyway.

I really wanted to do chocolate covered pretzels with a tag that said "We tied the knot!"  I saw that once on TK and thought it was so cute.
  • S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its redundant - I think its still a great idea for favors!
  • JustKateJustKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_redundant-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:8958e4ce-126d-45a3-9f45-db524a2e9ec6Post:99d46bc7-7540-4f8c-a716-b4eb1f201fab">Re: Redundant Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would still enjoy getting it.  I would probably be more apt to take it home and eat it there rather than at the wedding, which is the point anyway. I really wanted to do chocolate covered pretzels with a tag that said "We tied the knot!"  I saw that once on TK and thought it was so cute.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Love the pretzel with the "We tied the knot" tag...just might be using this!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sounds fun and with the theme
  • NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your thoughts! Clearly I was just overthinking it!! 
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Redundant Favors:
    [QUOTEI really wanted to do chocolate covered pretzels with a tag that said "We tied the knot!"  I saw that once on TK and thought it was so cute.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    I don't think this will be redundant at all, plus I think this idea is supercute!!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    I am totally stealing the chocolate pretzel idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards