California-San Diego
Options

Need help/suggestions for intimate beach wedding sites...

Hi there! New poster to the SD boards...but need your help with finding the perfect, yet not so expensive beach wedding. I'm from Arizona...and have been planning a wedding for the past 4 months. Now the closer we get (9 mos out) the more I am starting to realize that I want a more intimate wedding ceremony and not the BIG MEXICAN wedding that my family has me caught up in.

This was my original idea, but got caught up in the fairytale dream. Anywhoo, I need suggestions as I am from AZ. I have NO idea where to start???

I would like something that isn't expensive, maybe where I can have at least 50-80 ppl. I know 80 ppl sounds big, but our original #s were in the 300's. I would need help in finding the officiant, site, a nice place to eat with family/friends attending, and maybe a bakery for a small cake. Can you ladies help me?

TIA!
Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need help/suggestions for intimate beach wedding sites...

• Options
    kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might look at Powerhouse in Del Mar and bring in cake: http://www.delmar.ca.us/visitors/Pages/PowerhousePermitInformation.aspx
    They don't charge for their tables or chairs, but you do have to set them up (or arrange for them to be set up).

Officiants are very particular to the individual; we're having a close friend of the family be ordained for the day to do ours.

I'm using Cake (http://fabcakes.com/) which is AMAZING.  I've also heard good things about Flour Power.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got married at the La Jolla Shores Hotel. I had 90 people.  Yes, it's a hotel, but it's RIGHT on the beach, and it's only 3 stories high, so more like a small beach motel.  I loves every second of my wedding there.  The food was insanely amazing--it's the same chef as the very famous (and expensive) Marine Room, but very reasonable considering the location.  You could have a small, intimate wedding there.

In the fall/winter/spring, you can get married on the beach there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards