Jewish Weddings

Ketubah Question

Hi,

I was wondering what the typical cost of a Ketubah is?  Thanks so much!

Michelle

Re: Ketubah Question

• edited December 2011

They  vary depending on a lot of different things. You can price some online by googling "ketubah" the ones I've been looking at run anywhere from $99 - $250 depending on style, size and options. And those are just the ones i've been looking at, they can probably be much more expensive too.

TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • edited December 2011
    Our ketubah cost $260 before calligraphy- there was an additional cost to have the artist write in our information rather than our rabbi or cantor. I think it was an extra $50.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can probably get a text only one from your Rabbi for free!  If you want one with artwork, they usually cost a few undred dollars (but prices can go much higher for custom work).  There are some more affordable options you can find on etsy and ebay.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ark2Ark2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are about to purchase our ketubah from Theketubahcompany.com they have personalization included in the ketubah cost, which make their prices very reasonable.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was $250 for the ketubah itself.  Unfortunately, we also needed custom text (because we were a same-sex couple, and none of the standard texts worked), and that was another $250.

However, you might check out eBay.  There are always ketubot there, typically from stores that are closing down, and they are often around $50.

Another possibility is etsy.  That's where my son is planning on getting his.
  • edited December 2011
    we got ours at 1800ketubah.com  It was under $300 for custom text.  But, I just took it to the framers to be framed (you know with special uv glass and a nice mat and frame) and its going to be another $300.  annoying.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I ran across one place that made ketubot in sizes that would fit into a standard frame size.  But for most of them, you really need a custom frame, which was an extra expense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards