North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Angus Barn Pavillion Wedding Experience- Any Reviews???

Hi Everyone-

I am planning a Fall 2012 wedding at the Angus Barn Pavillions and was wondering if any other brides had their wedding there (ceremony and reception), or if anyone had attended a wedding there. Would you recommend it to other brides, or how was your experience with the staff and wedding planners? Also, how was your actual wedding day?

I know they are a bit more pricey, but it sounds like a lot is included in the rental fee (set up/ breakdown/ cleanup, tables, chairs, table cloths, ceremony already included in price, event planner assigned, etc.) and they are willing to work with you on your menu and etc.

Thanks if anyone has any advice, or reviews to offer about your experience at the Angus Barn Pavillions!

Sincerely-
Raleigh Bride to Be

Re: Angus Barn Pavillion Wedding Experience- Any Reviews???

• tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there, but I have been to an event there in the evening and it was very well done.  I think you can count on the Angus Barn for an excellent experience, but it comes with a pricetag.  We looked at the Pavilions and thought the venue was absolutely gorgeous, but for the price of their least expensive food package--exclusive of tax, gratuity and alcohol--we were able to put on our reception at the State Club.  That cost also was a factor in deciding against Preston, which was priced between the two.

And, although the State Club has a wonderful event planner who stayed onsite during our entire event, I would not say that she would have been a substitute for the wedding planner that I retained separately to help with flowers, photographer, dj, makeup, rehearsal dinner, and as a general resource to great independent vendors. 

It's a beautiful venue, so good luck with your decision!!
  • edited December 2011
    Very very gorgeous for a wedding. It is rather pricey depending on what you want, but it is beautiful. If I had that budget, I would do it without a question!
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there, it was AMAZING! So pretty, and the food was so good.
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss just went to a wedding there this month.  The only thing she said about it was that it was RIGHT in the flight path for the airport, and they had to keep pausing the ceremony while planes passed!  
  • edited December 2011
    I toured the facility a few months ago when deciding where to have my wedding.  During our tour 4 planes flew overhead (in a 30 minutes) and were so loud we could not hear ourselves talking.  I decided to hold my wedding at Barclay villa instead. 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with MyUserName1. I went to a wedding and it was georgous, but the planes were so distracting even with mics.  We couldn't hear any of the vows. 

Its a big thing to think about.

• Went on a tour there and in the 20 minutes we were there 3 airplanes flew over and it was so loud.  The woman conducting our tour said that was part of hte charm.  Not so charming when I can't hear my fiance say "I do".    The planes were even loud once we went inside their pavilion where the reception would be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards