Rhode Island
Options

First dance suggestions?

Hi Ladies!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

I'm a little stuck on first dance ideas and wondering if anyone has any suggestions?  I LOVE "If tomorrow never comes" by Garth Brooks (sung by Kevin Skinner - I cry every time I watch it) but not sure if it's a little sad for a 1st dance?  I'm not typically into Country music but that song is just beautiful, what are your thoughts? :)
?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?

Re: First dance suggestions?

• Options
    jcorvesejcorvese member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have been going back and forth as well. We have a long time to pick-- but my fiance is really into country music and I'm not so much.

I loveee Ray Lamontagne, love him- I am obsessed with his music. So I really like the song" let it be me"

but fiance and I listened to Brad Paisleys- "Then" and I started to cry and he will hate I tell you this, but he kind of teared up to. So I think that might be our song. Its a little bit of a cliche  "wedidng" song but it has a really beautiful sentiment.

I wouldn't worry about if you think its a really sad song if it means something to you... if you think its "the song" go with it. One thing I didnt take into consideration when I was dead set on having a Ray song is that--- Its really something that should best express the two of you together-- and you said you both liked it! Keep poking around for songs- but if thats what you love then go with it.  Its probably one of the more personal choices you will make- besides vows,etc
  • Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance was to Ray Lamontagne's "Shelter" and it doesn't necessarily have some of the best wedding-y lyrics, but the chorus is what we love. In fact, the first time my husband heard it way back in 2005 he said, "This would make a great first dance at our wedding" and we had just started dating (but had been friends for years, lest he seem creepy and stalkerish! haha) I took some of the lyrics - "You will shelter me, my love; I will shelter you" and had them embroidered on a linen handkerchief in navy, one of our colors, along with our names and date by an etsy seller and I gave that to him to open on the morning of the wedding so he could carry it that day.

In your case, that song is a little sad because it's basically a guy wondering if he dies in his sleep, will his wife/lover knows how much he loved her, but if it means something to you both, then go for it. Don't worry about what other people think; believe me, you won't even know they're there when you're in that moment. :-)
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dribblejackdribblejack member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay With You by John Legend.  The lyrics are a tiny bit cheesy but the oh so cool sound compensates for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking the Platters' "Twilight Time", in part because I've just always loved the song, but also the line "I count the moments darling 'til you're here with me". It's sappy (especially for our taste), but it's nearly unavoidable to have some sap at a wedding! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards