New Jersey
Options

Just thought I'd say hi!

Hi everyone, my name is Kristen.  I am originally from Bergenfield, but moved to south Jersey this past year.  My fiance Joe and I got engaged on Nov. 10th and after reading many of your posts I thought it was time to get in on the group of  jersey brides!  Our wedding is on May 14th, 2011 with the ceremony at St. Cecilia's Church in Englewood and our reception at Ramsey Country Club.  I also got my dress already.  It is a Rina Di Montello and it was purchased from Brielle's Boutique in Dumont.  Although I only purchased the dress so far and have not gone through alterations, I must say they were an absolute pleasure and it was my greatest shopping experience after going to three other stores.  My colors are hunter green and ivory.  I welcome all tips and advice in the upcoming year and two months!!!
Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage

Re: Just thought I'd say hi!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I'm a newbie too!  Which Rina gown did you get?  I loved the ones I saw online but wound up going with a Maggie Sottero.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome aboard
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! 

That is the dress, except it doesn't have all the beading on the skirt, just on the bottom and under the bodice.  I am also getting the straps taken off so it will be a sweet-heart neckline.  I had sworn up and down that I was wearing a v-neck dress with little to no beading.  Obviously my opinion changed!  Where did you get your maggie and which one is it???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's absolutely GORGEOUS!  I'm so jealous... I just didn't have the money to afford a Rina.  Mine's a Maggie Sottero Jovi (http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3198) purchased from Russell's Bridals.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my it's beautiful!!!! I love the lace detail!! And trust me, I didn't have the money for it either, probably shouldn't have even put it on.  I then was offered 30% off if I took the sample (they had recently relocated and had to clear inventory, it didn't even look like it had been put on.)  It is a size 8 though, and I'm a 10, the owner swears there is extra material on the inside to make it fit.  I should probably just try and lose the extra lbs though!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  What a lucky break!  Still jealous.  I'm sure you'll be fine with the fit.  Even without working out, I've heard so many former brides say that they lost a ton of weight in the weeks leading up to the wedding just from stress alone.  Not that it's the healthiest way to lose weight, but if it works... haha...
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board.
    Beautiful dresses girls :)
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!  
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome!  I'm kinda new too and have gotten a ton of great ideas from these girls already.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations & have fun planning!
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome! Great wedding date :)

• Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome! happy planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! Both dresses are stunning!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards