Registry and Gift Forum

Crate and Barrel

We plan on registering at three stores: Target, Macy's and Crate and Barrel. The issue I'm facing is that there is only really one item that we will want at C&B. I like one of their dish sets, but nothing else there do we really need. Is that a bad idea to just register for one item? If so, we could just hope for enough cash to get what we want there...

The other thing is that we only plan on registering for bedding at Macy's. It will be probably about 10-15 items. Is that too small too??

Thanks
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Crate and Barrel

• I think those registries are too small but that's just me.  If you don't have a range of prices at eaech store then a lot of guests won't shop there (since their price point might not be met).

I would avoid having most of your stuff at Target - read one of the threads below for comments on their return policy.  I'm pretty sure it's 90 days from the time the item is purchased.  That's fine for everyday shopping, but it's not long enough for guests who buy you towels in March and don't give them to you until May, KWIM?  Almost every other store has a return policy that extends a certain number of days past your event.  Target is also notorious for having a hugh mismatch between their online and in-store items.  So if you register in store a lot of guests won't be able to shop online (and will actually have to go to the store where you registered to find certain items, because store inventories vary a lot with Targets).  Macy's has plenty of the same items that Target has, but they stay in stock longer.  So does BBB.

In general, CB is my favorite of the three you mentioned - their registry is wonderful and their customer service is even better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EmilyTorkEmilyTork member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    We won't be registering quite yet. The soonest we would register would be late March or April. The particular dish set we like is a staple.. I have seen it in their stores forever (it's the simple white dishware). 

I could probably put some of the appliances on the Macy registry and find some cool fun stuff from C&B to even it out. I know lots of people have trouble with Target, but people will always be quick to report problems. On the other hand, people aren't jumping at the bit to report positive experiences always. 

Thanks ladies :) Glad to get a perspective that isn't the shoulder shrug from FI. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_crate-and-barrel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:3f9cf474-61bf-4ead-877e-0fc787c3a31dPost:0ad89225-012b-4c97-ba02-2ccc2eb0fadc">Re: Crate and Barrel</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE Crate and Barrel, but just a warning: in eight months time they may not longer carry the dinnerware set that you like.  They turnover their stock twice a year, including some of their flatware and dishes.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

<div>This happened to us. I'm not sorry, we have great stoneware that will last a long time, but we had to make sure and complete the set. They did send us a postcard notifying us a few months before they removed it from shelves, so we had plenty of time.</div><div>
    </div><div>As far as a small registry, we only had 15-20 items at C&B. We planned to go a lot smaller, but at the very end we found things we like there better than other places we registered, so we switched them.</div><div>I see no problem doing that.</div>
  • I don' t think 15 items is too small, if that's all that you want from that store.  I think its silly to register for things that you don't need/want just to fill up a registry.  

As for C&B, can you register for a few more basics there?  Like juice glasses, dish towels, and maybe some platters or chip & dips that match your dinnerware?  
  • We had a small registry at C&B, because like you, we really just wanted our awesome white square dishes.  Look into registering for items like the swoop bowls, platters, or wooden salad bowls.  They helped fill up the registry, and we love having them with our dishes.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to Re:Crate and Barrel:[QUOTE]We had a small registry at Camp;B, because like you, we really just wanted our awesome white square dishes.nbsp; Look into registering for items like the swoop bowls, platters,nbsp;or wooden salad bowls.nbsp; They helped fill up the registry, and we love havingnbsp;them with our dishes. Posted by kks4471[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That is exactly what I was thinking. I'm guessing I can find some neat stuff to fill it in a bit more. And I was really thinking that a wooden bowl would look good on our counter...
  • If those registries work for you, they're not too small. We didn't need or want anything and did not register for anything.  That was a mistake.  Go for the small registries; I don't think you will regret it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards