Arkansas

Photographers

Does anyone know of any good and cheap photographers? I am wanting a good package for my money. I live in the LR and surrounding area. Right now I have a few selections, but all seem to be starting around 1500-2000. Is that normal? I am the oldest in my family so we don't really know much...and I don't want to go the cheap route and get bad pictures..

Re: Photographers

• jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is very normal, and on the lower end of package prices.  I'm sure there are some out there that are cheaper.  You could try to find a student photographer or someone who is trying to get a business started up.  Have you searched craigslist?
  • edited December 2011
    I will be using Cheryl Mauldin. She is from Newport and travels literallly anywhere. My fiance and I are both college students paying for our wedding ourselves and we can afford her. Our total package was probably like 1500. That also included an engagement session and a coffee table book. I highly reccommend checking her out. She would definitely be worth your time. www.mauldinphotography.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hanna & Cory
  • edited December 2011
    Check out LandersGreen on Facebook or www.landersgreen.com. They have packages starting at $700 and do a GREAT JOB!!!  They are from NWA, but I'm sure they would travel to LR
  • edited December 2011
    I definately recomend searching Craigslist!! I found my photographer there... she's a SAHM who does photography as a hobby, so she's very cheap right now to build her portfolio. Her photos of children and pets are PHENOMENAL....she's only done a couple weddings, but they look really good!! For 6 hours, a 2 hour (each way) travel, and engagement session, she quoted $600!!! Granted, she doesn't print photos..just takes them, edits them, and delivers them on a disk..but thats what I wanted anyhow!! I'm planning on doing my own coffee table book using snapfish, and walmart does really good prints (get the matte finish and wait, they look WAY better than the normal 1hr crap!)

I know most brides prob prefer tons of experiance and bigger packages and 2 photographers, but we're on a budget, and this was a great way for us to stay on track!
  • edited December 2011

My photographer was from Dallas and pricey, but I have a few friends in central AR who do beautiful wedding photography.  They don't list prices on their sites, but you could contact them...

drewcason.com

and memoryboxphotos.com 

they are both younger guys, but have great eyes and already tons of experience.

• deenachance85deenachance85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I will check these all out!
  • jking614jking614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jeremy cavness and he is awesome! He is based in Bentonville but will travel. We are enjoying everything that he has done! Highly recomend him! He isnt too pricey and he usually runs specials.
  • leathialeathia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mary Buffington! She's my photographer and she is absolutely amazing! So much fun to work with and so sweet! Her packages range from $660-1600 and she's willing to negotiate with you on everything. Her website is http://www.marybuffington.com and her facebook fan page is mary buffington photography. She's located in Hot Springs, but I'm sure she'd be willing to travel to Little Rock.
  • edited December 2011
    This is who we are using check her out http://www.michelleposeyphoto.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • lstearmanlstearman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ahhh! i wish i had seen this before i put a deposit on my photographer! I know she will do a great job but she has to travel from OK so we are paying extra for that. my budget couldn't handle the 1500 + price range but all of your suggestions are wonderful!
  • andreaparnellandreaparnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to do you're wedding if you are still looking. I start at right under $1000 and offer unlimited time on you're wedding day, 2 photographers, packages with prints , albums, and a DVD of all your high resolution prints, as well as bridal and engagement photos. I'm will to travel anywhere. Please take some time to look through my website and I'd love to hear back from you! 

Thanks,
    Andrea

andreaphotography.com
  • RussellsBabyRussellsBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I joined because i am getting married but i also have my own photography business and my prices are very reasonable. www.capturedbynicki.com

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Leigh-Anne Shuler Decker. She's just starting out, but I've already got some specific poses in mind so I'm sure I'll get what I want. She's charging me under $500 (I'm a friend, but I'm not sure if it matters) and that includes engagement pictures, bridals, wedding, reception, and trash the dress pictures. Her site is http://www.facebook.com/pages/LA-Photography/197223798346?ref=ts but you may want to try to reach her at http://www.facebook.com/pages/LA-Photography/197223798346?ref=ts#!/LAShuler?ref=ts 

Please follow my newbie blog at http://puppylovewedding.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much and good luck!!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards