Canada-Ontario
Options

Special Lighting Cost and Referral needed

hello, just curious how much lighting usually goes for.  I really like these ideas:
http://www.fosdecor.com/lighting-gallery

Can anyone let me know how much this usually costs?  Any recommendations?

Also, I love pin spot lighting: http://www.nyeventservices.com/pinspot.jpg
any ideas on how much this costs?

Re: Special Lighting Cost and Referral needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pin lighting costs about $20-$25 a table.The reason it's so expensive is because someone needs to get on a some sort of ladder and manually direct the light onto a table.

Your venue needs to have that that option available, usually part of their lighting and sound package (it's a separate fee).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue offers pin lighting but it is done through the in-house DJ. If we had the in house DJ, the cost for the pinlighting was $150-200. If we choose another DJ, the price shot up to $500. I think most banquet halls have similar policies to encourage clients to use their recommended/inhouse vendors. For me it's kinda a rip off either way.

We opted to get up-lighting instead of pinlighting around the room. Our DJ offered it as well as a monogramed spotlight (like in photos 1235 on the FOS website) for $100 on top of our package. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joanne,

Where are you having your reception?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At the Renaissance by the Creek. The in-house DJ is BB Blanc. In the end we we booked with Superstars Entertainment
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am debating between Red Rose and Le Jardin just doing a bit more research on what each hall can do for me and then we will decide.  Hoping to make a decision by next week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agnes, I love Le Jardin. It was one of our favorites but for the same cost pp we got more at our hall. In any case, I think you will love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
    Make sure you negotiate with your vendor. Our uplights were included b/c I told my vendor (BB Blanc) that we had other options but were really interested in uplighting and wanted that to be included. The included it at no charge and that was for 8 uplights. 
    BB Blanc was a terrible company to go with and the uplights ended up being bright blue (my colours were brown and gold so I was mortified) but my point is that you may be able to get it included if you play 'hard ball'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards