South Carolina

Nearly free venue in Greenville??

So, up until now, with 4 months left, we've been planning on my grandmother's garden as our location. The thing is, she has been doing events with one certain caterer for 20 years, and as far as she's concerned, it's a package deal: if we want our wedding at her house, we're using him as the caterer. Except that I HATE him.

I don't think we need a caterer at all is the thing. We're having lowcountry boil which is incredibly easy to make for lots of people, and not only is he charging me a FORTUNE for something cheap and easy, he's also planning our whole wedding for us and I don't like that. So long story short, I don't want to use him, which means we need a new venue.

It needs to be outside, accomodate a ceremony and reception (~120 people), and be basically as inexpensive as possible. We won't need catering or bartending or anything, just a place to do it. We thought about the park, except that you can't have beer or wine, which for us is a problem! Ha.

Anyway, any ideas would be super helpful!!

Re: Nearly free venue in Greenville??

• edited December 2011
    Wow, your grandma really won't budge on that? Maybe you should mention that it seems like she cares more about the caterer than her grandchild...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards