Connecticut
Options

Looking for Glass Vases for Centerpieces

I am going to do a set of 3 cylinder shape glass vases filled with gems/beads water and floating candles.  The cylinders will be 3 diff heights.  Preferably 10.5 in, 8.75 in, and 6in.  Anyone doing something similar - using these types of vases?  Was thinking we could share the cost and the goods?!!  Or is anyone looking to sell some that they used at their wedding recently? 

If not, do you know any good vendors for this?

Re: Looking for Glass Vases for Centerpieces

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LaughingGo online to dollartree.com, they have different size vases. I hope that helps...
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just met with Jane from Just for you flowers last week & she does have a ton of vases at varrying heights. I do not know what he policy would be if you are not getting flowers from her but worth a shot.

Also, have you checked Walmart, Home Goods, Xmas tree shops & places like that?? They usually have a ton!

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kim.  I'm using a florist to do my bouquets and she matched the wholesale flower prices that I was going to get elsewhere, so she's providing those too.  I was going to get my vases online from Save on Crafts or WholeFlowersandSupplies.com  but when I took into consideration the shipping cost for all that glass, it was going to cost me more per vase than if I just purchase locally from the florist.  You should do some comparison shopping because it may end up being cheaper to buy from somewhere in the area.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second the dollar tree - at $1 a vase, it cant be beat!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    tookie1978tookie1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaels has a huge selection and if you can get your hands on coupons it's worth it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    shorty85ngshorty85ng member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would check out the dollar tree and christmas tree shop

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto all of the places mentioned.  I am doing short centerpieces, but I got all of my vases at Walmart for $2 a piece, but they have a ton of different styles.  I could not have rented the vases from my florist for cheaper.
  • Options
    romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can email me at roman dot jaime at sbcglobal.net

If you can wait until after April 10, I will have 14 tables worth of vases (3 at each table, different heights)
  • Options
    Mr&MrsRobbinsMr&MrsRobbins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try IKEA.. thats where I got my vases for my centerpieces :-)
  • Options
    mei105pbmei105pb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tyr Christmas Tree Shop
  • Options
    niko508niko508 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi ladies
    I am doing the same thing just with larger vases I went everywhere looking for them and when i say everywhere I mean everywhere let me save you some time since you are going smaller than  mine you might not have as much trouble but michaels in my sizes were expensive i never found anything at joanns dollar tree has one to two sizes walmart has nice 10inch ones that i purchased directly from libby glass they ended up being just under 3.00 with shipping, my tall ones which measure 18inches I found at marshalls across the state i drove to each one in about 1 week and found 32 of them and then my middle size is around 14inches these I purchased online at dollaritem they are out of CA but they were reasonable. I suggest having them shipped to a store front and they then just charge you freight I have a few other websites if you would like or I suggest calling some of the wholesale florist supply shiops you may do well there I had a hard time because of the sizes I chose I wish I planned a little better when I started oh and craigs list too sometimes people sell their left over ones I plan on doing that too if they don't all get taken

I know I have around 12 extra 14inch ones if you are interested

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    niko508niko508 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If your in CA you will do well lots of places

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards