Hawaii
Options

What are you planning to do with your wedding dress after the wedding?

Just curious to see how others feel.  I'm not overly sentimental over my dress but had planned to keep it.  After getting quotes on cleaning and preserving, though, I'm questioning what I would really do with the dress in the future.  What are you planning to do with your dress after the wedding?

Re: What are you planning to do with your wedding dress after the wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does keeping it without preserving it count? I love mine. I'm not giving it away! But, I might chop off the bottom of it, dye it and use it as a cocktail dress!
  • Options
    eacernaeacerna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After 2 years, mine is till hanging in the closet inside the garment bag, unwashed :-p. I was originally planning to donate but DH didn't want me to. I said I may have parts of it mad einto a baby dress for my little to use fo rher christening but not sure if I'll ever get around doing that.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, I'm really not sure!  I won't sell it or give it away, but you are right - the  preservations get very pricey quickly!  I guess I'll hang it in the closet until I decide!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_planning-wedding-dress-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:c8837fd2-b5a7-48fc-a20e-74098b56a232Post:2f71c050-c5a7-4969-8d6e-7010a1c5d4bb">Re: What are you planning to do with your wedding dress after the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does keeping it without preserving it count? I love mine. I'm not giving it away! But, I might chop off the bottom of it, dye it and use it as a cocktail dress!
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I love this idea!  Right now I'm keeping it to try on every once in a while (a la Rachel and Monica in Friends), but it would be great to actually be able to wear it out!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't even figured out how I'm getting it home, much less what to do with it afterward.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will probably leave it in my closet in the garment bag.. I love my dress and can not see ever giving it up.. I have always joked with my girlfirends that we will have a party once a year just girls so we can all wear our dresses againWink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards