Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Newly engaged!

Hi ladies!

My name is Danielle and I just got engaged to the love of my life this past Saturday! Of course, i'm still on cloud 9! I figured it was time to say "hello" to all the MSP knotties :)

FI and I still need to sit down and discuss budget, time frames, and whatnot, but are there any other things to do right now?

My mother and I are planning to go to Unveiled on Feb. 5. FI, BMs, and I are going to the perfect wedding show on Feb. 26. 

Can't wait to get to know you girls better and share advice!
Halloween

Re: Newly engaged!

• Welcome and congrats! This is a pretty good board :-)

Right now I say just get some ideas. It's good that you're going to discuss a tentative date and budget first. Budget is probably the most important because that will determine how big of a guest list you can have, the venue, and how long you have to save which helps determine your date. An estimated guest list is a good idea to have early on to help determine what venues will work for you, and in turn helps figure out the budget too.

Let us know if you have any questions! These ladies have been wonderful at helping me out so far :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Great!

We are hoping for a spring or fall 2013 wedding. FI thinks summer would be a good option because I'm not done with school yet. Obviously we have a lot of things to discuss.

I spoke to my mother tonight and she mentioned that we should get together with FI's parents and discuss a game plan. She has mentioned she wants to contribute to the wedding. We are very grateful for that, but also realize that we will need to put money in as well.

Is it absolutely crazy that the day after our engagement we went out and bought 3 wedding magazines and a planner/organizer?!
    Halloween
  • Welcome and congrats! Magazines and the planner are a great start to getting ideas, and figuring out a budget :)
  • Uh no. The day after i got engaged, i had one book and 6 magazines. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!  Budget and guest list are some of the first things to think about!
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you haven't found your dress yet you should come to Sixpence in St. Paul! A variety of gowns in all price points. Such a cute little shop, They have flower girl dresses, veils, and jewelry as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards