North Carolina

Beach Wedding- Reception site ideas for NC?

My fiance and I are living in Texas, and my family is in NC.  We were wanting to have a wedding in NC, but near the beach with an inside/outside reception site.  Anyone know of any good ideas??

Thanks!

Amanda and Brad

Re: Beach Wedding- Reception site ideas for NC?

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Amanda,

I am getting married in Surf City at the Surf City Center in September.  It is a beautiful facility, newly renovated and right on the beach.  I fell in love with it when I saw that the entire back wall is all windows overlooking the water.  It also has 2 outside decks (one covered, and open). The pictures on the Surf City town website don't do it justice.  We rented it for $300 for the day.  It holds about 125 people at most inside, so it is somewhat small.  We are having our ceremony on the beach in front of the center.

It is a community building, so you are responsible for bringing everything.  They have 16 tables and about 115 chairs, a portable bar, and a really nice kitchen for catering.  We went with Courthouse Caffe as our caterer (Renee is amazing!) and Kathy Kanby for our cake (both out of Jacksonville, NC).

Some people have rented houses on the beach.  The NC Aquarium is really nice as well.  If we had a bigger budget, I would have booked that.

Feel free to e-mail me if you would like more info or some pics of the Surf City Center: aboyer8 at gmail dot com
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Halyburton Park Events Center in WIlmington and having our wedding ceremony on the beach. It's a very pretty place. Oh and it's indoors/outdoors.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we just got married a few weeks ago at Oak Island....i totally suggest renting a house....the house we rented slept around 16 people. it was so nice not to be rushed through our day and to be able to do anything and everything the way we wanted. our totally guest list was about 55 people and had plenty of room for everyone and a dance floor.
    if you are interested email me at midnite007x at aol dot com and i can give you a list of vendors and also give you more info on the house we rented. it is on the west end of the island and very quiet and private.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards