Students

New and feel like I am NEVER going to get married!

Hi everyone!
I have never posted over here, my home has been the bump. My DF and I have been together since Oct. 2004. We got engaged in Dec. 2005. I started college in the Fall of 2006 and we agreed to wait till I finished to get married. We unexpectedly got pregnant last year and we just had our LO! Well because of the pregnancy and my college's budget cuts, it is going to be another year before I can graduate.... UGH! I just want to be married already lol! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New and feel like I am NEVER going to get married!

• I understand wanting to be married, especially since you've been waiting. But I think you'll be glad you waited the extra time with graduation and the baby. It'll mean a ton of reduced stress on your part. And I think the anticipation will make the wedding day all the more exciting.
  • Congrats on the baby!

I've been getting impatient and I have not been waiting nearly as long as you. I can't imagine the anticipation! But just let that be excitement and enjoy your last year of school!

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Thanks ladies! 

I know that waiting is what is going to be best for my family... I have been waiting forever it seems lol... and the fact that my sister has only been with her DF for like 2yrs and she is planning her wedding and going to get married within the year doesn't help lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • why dont you guys just goto the municipal building and get married there?
    i'm just going to tell it like it is: you have his child, he should man up and marry the woman of his child. thats all i have to say. you guys have been engaged for what, 4-5 years now? men who wait that long realistically arent ready for marriage. a statistic also shows that a longer engagement means more marital troubles.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • edited November 2010
    It sounded like the decision was more out of financial considerations and BOTH their wishes to wait until after SHE graduates...I fail to see where you (raw1299) got the impression that her fiance is requesting they wait longer. I saw nothing in the OPs post that indicated any hesistation on his part.

Anyway, if it is really bothering you (OP), maybe you actually could reconsider waiting until you graduate given these new circumstances. It sounds like it may be more of a financial thing, which I totally get, but if it isn't - perhaps you both could sit down and reevaluate your options. You're already living together and with a child, so if finances aren't an issue, I don't see why it would actually matter if you married sooner rather than later. Granted, this advice comes with the limited information gleaned from your post :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards