Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid survival kit ideas

I want to make little kits to help my two best friends "survive" the entire planning process with me.  Ive just started and i know that i will need their help.

I do know they will be in tote bags that i will paint their names on. I want to fill them with things they might need between now and the wedding. id like to have little sayings for everything like " a tote bag to help carry the load" or something like that.

I would like to say that i am NOT looking for a wedding DAY surviavl kit.

TIA.

Re: Bridesmaid survival kit ideas

• Options
    Why would they need to survive the planning process?  What all do you plan on them helping you with?  If you really think they'll need a planning survival kit, I guess you should fill the totes with booze.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-survival-kit-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6e869b3b-c4bf-40cc-bd83-1a8e173b3dfbPost:73b25080-ec3c-455d-b7aa-bf6cb6390533">Bridesmaid survival kit ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to make little kits to help my two best friends "survive" the entire planning process with me.  Ive just started and i know that i will need their help. I do know they will be in tote bags that i will paint their names on. I want to fill them with things they might need between now and the wedding. id like to have little sayings for everything like " a tote bag to help carry the load" or something like that. I would like to say that i am NOT looking for a wedding DAY surviavl kit. TIA.
    Posted by cowgirlkitkatt[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Why would they need to survive the planning process with you?  This is your (for the sake of the post) wedding, not theirs so you are the one planning this, not them.  They are there to be supportive and yada yada but if my bf who got married last April gave me that I would be like wtfffffffffffffff?

Get it?

• Options
    What "load" will they be carrying?  Other than the load of crap that they are somehow responsible to help you plan and execute your wedding?

Sorry, but this sounds silly to me.  It also makes you sound like your expectations about what a WP actually has to do are unrealistic.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    nevermind i found one in the 100th post i looked at...if anyone else is looking.....

http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/kalenalena/will-you-be-my-bm
  • Options
    Exactly!!  Because this is THE KNOT.............not projectwedding.  They will validate your bad ideas all day long but we wont.

Dont do this............seriously

• Options
    I actually think that's a super cute idea!  It's just tongue-in-cheek, and I would never take offense to that as a bridesmaid and would think it was a fun little gift.  : )
  • Options
    My favorite part of that survival kit is a framed picture of the bride and groom.  Really?  You're giving your friends a picture of yourself?  Weird.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-survival-kit-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6e869b3b-c4bf-40cc-bd83-1a8e173b3dfbPost:60c02d9f-8547-4a60-aba9-233d99a3c964">Re: Bridesmaid survival kit ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite part of that survival kit is a framed picture of the bride and groom.  Really?  You're giving your friends a picture of yourself?  Weird.
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]
    Don't you know all BM want to put the picture of the B&G up on their mantle so they can stare at it while making favor tags?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thank you all for your critictes. I know my girls and they will love the funny gift. I do also plan on giving them non-wedding related things as well at a later time. youre correct my epections arent what you would expect they are those of western OKLAHOMA.  If you actually knew the three of us you would know its a great gift. but you dont so oh well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-survival-kit-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6e869b3b-c4bf-40cc-bd83-1a8e173b3dfbPost:4af69085-89ac-4aa2-800a-c9a1b1b99569">Re: Bridesmaid survival kit ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you all for your critictes. I know my girls and they will love the funny gift. I do also plan on giving them non-wedding related things as well at a later time. youre correct my epections arent what you would expect they are those of western OKLAHOMA.  If you actually knew the three of us you would know its a great gift. but you dont so oh well.
    Posted by cowgirlkitkatt[/QUOTE]
    Well, since we obviously don't know anything about OKLAHOMA or your friends, you probably shouldn't have asked for input.
  • Options
    Cowgirlkitkatt I think I understand your post. My lil sis has been my RIGHT HAND
    LADY thru this whole process since, I'm in school. She makes a lot of phone calls and set appts for me. It started out online with emails etc, but on my recent trip to my home town (where she still lives) I gave her a  Pink Notebook filled it with paper, pens, sticky notes everything I thing she would have needed, because I got tired of her saying" Where did I put that piece of paper or I don't remember you telling that", or her going sis you didn't tell me that. Before the notebook we we're on two different boats. Now we're sailing together. For all my other BM's I did give a lil pink notebook/pad so they could keep up with important dates/deadlines or whatever they want really and only because they was kidding me about being a bridezilla!!

If you gonna do a survival kit for anyone it should be for the one person (if there is someone) who is really helping you out. As all the other ladies said it is your wedding, that your planning. But if there is someone you really rely on I think something to keep you two on the same page is sufficient anything else would be a bit over the top. 
  • Options

Do people really do this? OP-are you really going to waste time and money putting a kit of useless crap together? I would far rather the Bride and Groom save the money and put it towards something else being NWR BM gift or anything really.

• Options
    booze booze booze. Did I mention booze? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If OP has the money to spend on this, why not? I think a note pad, pen, maybe some wedding magazines/how-to books would be cute. I like the booze idea too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think is a great idea.  My friends were bridezillas with their weddings so it'll funny to "prepare" for mine.  I actually sell Thirty-One bags so I am going to get cute little make-up bags with the girls name on it and little a few little gag gifts inside to give at the engagement party.  Its going to be my official "will you be in my wedding?" gift.  I figure about $15 a picece for my 3 girls isnt bad.  I think it'll be good for a chuckle.  Let me know how yours turn out!
  • Options
    For pete's sake, do you guys realize how condescending and patronizing some of you sound? Why assume that what she is doing is an indication of unrealistic expectations? Yes, I can see how it would be, but I can also see it as a fun way to say "hey, thanks for helping me out all these years."

Honestly, if it were to my best friend, I'd include the following:
    Mani/pedi set
    A bottle of wine
    Gift certificate towards her next tattoo
    And then something funny from when we were young... something Hello Kitty or Strawberry Shortcake... something nostalgic that is more for a laugh

I really think a lot of people on here need to relax and remember that humor should remain part of the process- and whatever type of humor suits that bride and her bridesmaids.
  • Options
    I agree with kjuker and am sick of the snarkiness on these boards from people who have posted 6,000 times and need another hobby.
    Another idea: CD for driving trips, gas card to help pay for gas, earplugs for drowning out some of the less-nice people on these boards ;-)
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, there are some very rude people on here. She didn't ask you to make fun of her idea, she asked for help on what to put in it. If you don't like it, politely say that or just dont say anything. You don't have to hurt her feelings.

I personally think its a cute idea and my friends would think its funny too. I would consider it, but I have already asked my bridesmaid to be in the wedding. I am doing something similar to this, but its mainly for the wedding day. I am putting flip flops in a tote for the dance, a water bottle, a makeup bag and matching jewlery for the wedding. I like your idea, so dont let rude people discourage you. :)
  • Options
    i am looking for the same exact thing!! your friends help alot with your wedding, especially if they are bridesmaids. if you find something cute post it so that I can see!!
  • Options
    @mzjohnson2u, did you check the posting date? This thread is 2.5 years old, probably no one is still around.
  • Options
    grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    deleted - zombie thread @KnotPorscha?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about some fun shoes/socks to wear at the reception? Some of their favorite sweets, but don't forget the salty stuff either. On the funny side, duct tape for when you become a bridezilla or to capture the groom when he tries to make a get away? Some mini bar bottles of their favorite drinks? Funky sunglasses for some silly photos?
  • Options
    For a fun gift, I just purchased and decorated these disposable flasks. They're 6 for $12 - which was perfect because my friend only has 4 bridesmaids (including me). 
    I've already started decorating them with glitter matching my BFFs ceremony colors, and I'm planning to print monogram stickers for them!
    They come in a bunch of colors - I chose to get black since I knew I was going to glitter-ize them :)
  • Options
    @KnotPorscha? This thing won't die.

Anniversary

• Options
    I created a poem that matches the things I put inside Tory Burch makeup bags I got for each Bridesmaid. If anyone wants it leave your email and I will send it to you.:-)
  • Options
    Cute! Coupons for mani and pedis. Lotion, tide pen stick

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards