Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Need advice, please help!!

After going to see the property, we decided to get married at the Sandals resort in the Bahamas. We got a few snapshots done on the beach to use as our engagement pictures, and they turned out well. 
Considering Sandals doesn't allow outside contractors, we had no choice but to book our photographer with them, and I was fine with it, until I received a sample album from our wedding coordinator. NOT GOOD. Considering they are charging us two grand to do the pics/video, the sample album looked barely better than if I gave a friend a digital camera and told her to shoot the wedding.
Has anyone ever gotten around the rule that a resort doesn't allow outside contractors? Please help!

Re: Need advice, please help!!

• edited December 2011
    Oh NO! that's TERRIBLE. I didn't know Sandals doesn't allow outside contractors. Honestly, that would be a deal breaker for me. There's no sense in getting married in a gorgeous place without having professional, gorgeous photos to remember the day by. If you go with them and their photographer it could cause you so many regrets because you'd have to think about that every time you go back and look at your wedding photos. Have you officially booked with them or not? I would let them know this is a deal breaker for you and that you really need to have your own photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    Unofficially, a client of mine claimed me as a guest/best friend (obviously not true). I shot during the wedding, stayed at the resort with the rest of the guests, but only for 4 days rather than 7, and we went off site to shoot formals. It worked out really well for all of us. I have heard too many horror stories about resort photographers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards