Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

How many cupcakes per person?

We are hoping to do cupcakes from a shop near my home. But my questions is how many should I plan per person? I heard 1.5 but I wasn't sure if that was accurate. Any cupcake brides out there?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many cupcakes per person?

• first i would ask your baker to see what their experience is. i think it depends on how much food you are serving and how hungry people will be. like will there be a lot of appetizers in addition to a salad and entree? one thing about cupcakes is that they are not served, people have to go up and get them, so its less likely that everyone will have one.  my FSIL's wedding they had 1 per person and had a bunch leftover.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would say one per person. We had a lot of cake left over at our wedding and I'm guessing that is because not everyone eats dessert. And no one is going to have 1.5 - and even as an overall estimate the extra 0.5 will end up being left overs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue has offered to pass the cupcakes, so everyone will at least be offered one. Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Are you doing cupcakes instead of cake? If that's the case 1. We had 150+ at our wedding, i ordered 130 and my mom brought a few home. 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Hello!

Let me just say: CONGRATS! Ok, so getting down to business. I went with two cupcakes per person at my wedding in July. I was worried about not having enough. Turns out, there were plenty. Also, if you have leftovers, you can freeze them for future occasions. Tip: If you are having your wedding in the summer, make sure you pick a thicker icing as you do not want it to melt! 
    By the way, if you still need to hire videographers, my husband and I own a videography business. If you have a minute, feel free to check us out on: steadycreekcinema.com. If you have any questions or comments, shoot us an email at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you! Good luck with all of your planning! Best Wishes!

Sincerely,
    Bethany D'Amico
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards