Massachusetts-Boston

Save the Date Ideas and Timing

I thought I would tap into the creative minds of the board on this one. My fiance and I are thinking of using an old high school prom photo for our Save the Date.. but we can't figure out a cute way to do it. My mom had an idea of "the journey began here" and then on the back "the journey continues" ... but it sounds a little cheesy to me. Then again, is there any way to do this without it being a little cheesy?

On the logistical side, how far before the wedding do Save the Dates typically go out, and then when do invites go out?

Thanks!

Re: Save the Date Ideas and Timing

• If you got engagement pictures done, you could put the prom photo and your favorite e-pic on the save the date.  that would make it super obvious that the prom photo is from prom, so I don't think you'd need an explanation or verbal tie-in if you don't think of anything you like.

Also, save the dates should go out 6 to 9 months before the wedding.  I sent mine out around the 8.5 month mark. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • If your doing the e-pic session maybe you could recreate the pose and use the prom picture and your e-pic on the save the date? As for timing I agree with daubach that they should go out between 6-9 months before the wedding. We're getting married in June 2013 and we're planning on sending them out in September-October.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like both of the ideas above. And I also agree on the timing. If you have a lot of out ot town guests I would stay closer to the 9 months mark, and if most of the people are from the area I'd say 6 months is plenty of time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for these suggestions! Love the idea of doing a similar pose and putting the pics next to each other.

Thanks ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards