Canada-Ontario

DJ Recommendations?

The below post has me thinking about DJs.. we were really close to going with our venues in house DJ except we just got a really bad review from FI co workers who got married at the same place last weekend. We are going to check references and such, find out who their dj was.

but now i want to get some other ideas. anything in the gta would be appreciated!

thx!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
RSVP Date October 3, 2011

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello DJ! Lisa is the owner and she is fantastic!!! Highly recommend her!

• edited December 2011
    Look for a DJ who is a member of the Canadian Disc Jockey Association.  Dj's who are members of this association have professional standards that the MUST adhere to-ie they have very strict rules about drinking on the job, fraternizing with our guests, ect.  Go the THe CDJA website to see who is a memebr in your area.  I've heard horror stories about DJ's getting drunk ect-at least if they are a memebr of this association they have standard they must meet. 
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really, really wanted to go with DJ Lisa (Hello DJ) but she was already booked (this was last spring.)  So you're best off sending her your inquiry NOW if you're at all interested.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Valentino from Revolution DJ - he was great.

http://www.revolutiondiscjockey.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_dj-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:3fa6b0f8-abb0-4720-a643-3914b05164b3Post:2c46c8bb-88a8-4cff-89b3-cb52b72e3eab">Re: DJ Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We really, really wanted to go with DJ Lisa (Hello DJ) but she was already booked (this was last spring.)  So you're best off sending her your inquiry NOW if you're at all interested.
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

<div>Indeed she does book up quite early!! I booked her in February for next summer!</div>
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Solaris Entertainment
  • Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thx ladies we will lookat those!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We chose Maximum Music. Here is their website http://www.maximumdj.com/.

They have an extensive list of DJ's. Our experience with them so far has been great, i will definitely give them a full review of them after my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For those of you recommending DJs, can you describe the range and sort of music they had available?

I ask because fiance is a metalhead, through and through, and his family is Guyanese and will expect some soca/reggae.  I, on the other hand, love indie rock, 80s music, and industrial.  If I hear 99% of what currently plays on the Top 40 at my wedding, I will gag.  I want Arcade Fire, Tori Amos, old Michael Jackson, and maybe some Our Lady Peace to go with his Metalica...  know what I mean?  I'm not pop adverse (Hello, Kelly C, Madonna and Gaga) but I definitely want a set that reflects our tastes, which are the tastes of our friends - the serious bulk of our guests.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards