Ohio-Northeast
Options

Need venue suggestions- something different near Elyria

I am getting married June 1, 2013 but starting the wedding process early. My problem is all the venues I've looked at are the same, dark carpet, no windows and chandeliers/mirrors. I found the perfect place in Elyria Country Club- Large windows, outdoor space to mingle in... the only problem is our guest list is currently 125 and their max is 130. FI does not want our guests to be crowded. Also, our first dance in would be in a section of the room that is partially blocked from the view of some tables. I'm disappointed but he makes good points.
            So to wrap this up, I'm looking for a country club- type space within about 30 mins of elyria....  All I care is that there is some natural lighting and enough space for 125 comfortably. So anyone know of any country clubs, mansions, historical buildings that would meet these requirements? I feel like I've exausted all my resources as far as internet searches go...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~

Re: Need venue suggestions- something different near Elyria

• Options
    fhs07fhs07 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Depending on what price range you are looking:
    1. Avon Oaks 
    2. The Rose Cafe in Lorain holds up to150
    3. Black River Landing in Lorain hold up to 180
    4. Carnegie Root Room at Oberlin College holds up to 240
    5. Oberlin Inn holds up to 200
    6. Lyman Harbor in Sandusky- Its farther but has gorgeous views of the lake

I hope this helps :)

Here is a website that may help with some Lorain County locations: http://www.visitloraincounty.com/planmeeting

• Options
    Also, check out Spring Valley Country Club in Elyria and Redtail Golf Course in Avon.
  • Options

Thanks for all these suggestions! Carnegie root room was on my original list and somehow I never followed up on it- it looks perfect :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
  • Options
    I wanted to follow up and say we went with Avon Oaks Country Club, thanks for throwing that suggestion out there its on none of the venue lists I've seen and it was perfect :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards