Florida-West Coast
Options

Cake

Where did you all get your cake and how much did it cost.  I want something very simple.  Smooth buttercream icing, 4 tiers that looks like this
Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(

Re: Cake

• Options
    edited December 2011

I love her work http://www.thecrumbdelacrumb.com/ she has been named the best in Brandon and she has been opened less then a month I have all my cakes done there her. She charges per cake and not per person which actually saved me a lot of money for all my cakes.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers We're Finally Three
  • Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Call Laurie at A Piece of Cake on Memorial Highway in Tampa.  She does AMAZING work!

• Options
    jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd A Piece of Cake in Tampa. That is who we used.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Chef Nelson in palm harbor. He created a custom 4 tier cake, smooth buttercream icing w/ scrollwork on each tier. He also gave us 4 different flavors of cake and unlimited fillings. For example, for one layer we are having red velvet cake with cream cheese and choc ganache filling. He doesn't upcharge for "premium" flavors or fillings like other places and delivery is $50. Our whole order, including delivery and tax was $400. He came in lower priced and more accomodating than Publix and Piece of Cake. Plus, he is soooo enthusiastic about cakes, offerred us 3 free cake tastings and gives you a free anniversary cake on your 1 year, so you can serve your top tier and save some money (plus, fresh cake...not frozen from a year ago)!

Anyways, I don't want to sound like an ad, he is just my favorite wedding vendor so far. And, I wanted to give you a complete break-down of what we're getting for the cost! Good luck!! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    questvcquestvc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married in Miami so my vendor will not help you anyone...but since then I have had to order cakes for different occassions and I will say that Laurie with A Piece of Cake as well as Publix Greenwise are the very good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards