Registry and Gift Forum

HELP! What should I get my groom??

So I was originally going to get a boudoir session done and put a book together with the prints but he said that he thought the whole thing of us exchanging gifts was silly so I kind of said fine we won't exchange gifts.  Well.... now he has gotten me something so now I am trying to figure out what to get him.  I was thinking of a watch but I just got him a watch last Xmas... it wasn't the best watch though.  I was thinking of cuff links but would like to get him something in the $100-$150 price range.  Any unique ideas?  Oh... and did I mention we are getting married in 6 days!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP! What should I get my groom??

• You don't have to get him anything if you don't want.  We decided against it since the wedding is expensive enough and we both don't need a gift.  Oh now that I am re-reading that he already got you something.  Does he drink?  What about a really nice 100 dollar bottle of scotch?  Or any other liquor.  Cuff links would also be nice, but does he use those often?
  • I would like to get him cuff links but also don't think he would really use them.  I would like to get him something he would get use out of.  I have been looking at bracelets right now and watches even though I just got him a watch.  And alcohol is a no go.... he is a recovering alcoholic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does he like gadgets? FI has been hinting like crazy that he wants an ipad, but unfortunately for him all he is getting is a boudoir book. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_help-what-should-i-get-my-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:287f34fb-1bf2-4b3a-8973-18f55bc08450Post:d7786f23-d33b-4df1-a998-b0bfe48f61fb">Re: HELP! What should I get my groom??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like to get him cuff links but also don't think he would really use them.  I would like to get him something he would get use out of.  I have been looking at bracelets right now and watches even though I just got him a watch.  And alcohol is a no go.... he is a recovering alcoholic. 
    Posted by nlmaitland[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the bracelet could be cool.  It should be something that is as functional on your Golden anniversary as it is on your wedding day.  It hink you are right about cuff links.  Who wears those on a regular basis?  I have never understood the big attraction to cuff links as a groomsmen gift or wedding gift because so few wear them more than a handfull of times.</div>
  • What about a date night or something for the both of you?Concert tickets, movie tickets and a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant you both love, a couples massage? and a nice love note would do the trick
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I got my H concert tickets. He got my a shirt with his fraternity letters on it (your wife can wear them after you're married, but girl friends cannot).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards