New York
Options

Massage

I had my first professional massage yesterday (courtesy of FI as a birthday gift).  It was 30 minutes and it was the fastest 30 minutes of my life!!  Ah-mazing!  I'm definitely going to a do a 60 minute one sometime right before the wedding.  I'd love to do it regularly, but that's just not in the cards right now...
Anniversary

Re: Massage

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!  Where at?  I am always up for good recommendations.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rasa Spa in Ithaca.  Pretty reasonably priced for 30 minutes!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Awesome.  Too far for me (I always forget you are from waaay out that way)... but yay for you!  I still have a gift certificate for a 1 hour + mani&pedi that I have to cash in.  Maybe I should treat myself before school starts again.

Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, dooo it!  I had had this certificate since March and I'm SO glad I finally used it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I got a couple massage on the HM. Best thing EVER!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is a couple's massage any different than an individual one except that you're both being massaged at the same time in the same room?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope... basically the same thing.  but sooooo relaxing.

Also, each spa will offer different types.styles of massages... for example, at the Red Lane Spa at Sandals they had a few different variations on a regular couples massage... a few that I remember...
    1.  They include some instructions and actually teach you and your hubby how to give amazing massages.  They show you how and you massage each other.
    2.  They had a champagne bath/massage thing where they allow you a few minutes of... ahem... privacy at the end of the massage.
    They also offered in-suite massages, beach side massages, hot stone, four hand (2 massage therapists work on you at one time) and tons of others.  Sooo many options... can't wait to go back!

Stateside, Kev and I got a couples olive oil massage that was wonderful!  I just told him a few minutes ago that we need to schedule a romantic night at Turning Stone with a couples massage.  So nice to do in the winter!
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_massage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:61ffe1e9-5bb3-4dfc-9fdb-15730372eec1Post:f3c81a7b-68f1-4969-b579-77f7e51366c0">Re: Massage</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope... basically the same thing.  but sooooo relaxing. Also, each spa will offer different types.styles of massages... for example, at the Red Lane Spa at Sandals they had a few different variations on a regular couples massage... a few that I remember... 1.  They include some instructions and actually teach you and your hubby how to give amazing massages.  They show you how and you massage each other. 2.  They had a champagne bath/massage thing where they allow you a few minutes of... ahem... privacy at the end of the massage. They also offered in-suite massages, beach side massages, hot stone, four hand (2 massage therapists work on you at one time) and tons of others.  Sooo many options... can't wait to go back! Stateside, Kev and I got a couples olive oil massage that was wonderful!  I just told him a few minutes ago that we need to schedule a romantic night at Turning Stone with a couples massage.  So nice to do in the winter!
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Well now I want to do it!  That sounds awesome.  When I was telling FI about the massage last night, he mentioned maybe doing a couple's one.  That's the first time he's ever registered any interest in a massage.  Pre-wedding or honeymoon might be the time!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely do the honeymoon.... as awesome as it sounds pre-wedding... you won't truly be able to relax and enjoy it the way you can on the honeymoon.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Skana at the Turning Stone in Verona is the best spa in the area I think. It is def. expensive but worth it! My dad gives my sister and I gift certificates there for Christmas every year; it's become one of my favorite traditions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards