Ohio-Toledo

Re: l

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, i see what your saying. But having the kids at my wedding was fun. They danced and i got them coloring books anc crayons and they kept to themselves. R they not well behaved kids?

My neice (flower girl) and friends son both 6 yrs old were so wellbehaved and actually were the rock stars at my reception. They were so cute out dancing. You prolly wont even realize they are there.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry, but I am siding with your Future Stepmom on this one.  Do you not get along with her and her kids at all?

Maybe explain to her that you don't want to be stressed wheile getting hair and makeup done, and if the kids start to misbehave, to have her take them somewhere?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the dirty delete, btw.

But from the gyst of the other posts, looks like you don't want kids at the reception and step-mom does.

I second everything Bsharp says.  I allowed and encouraged people to bring their children.  I thought it was absurd to ask them to hire a babysitter to come to my wedding.  So I made coloring books and went to the dollar store and bought a big box of crayons for every child who was coming.  The parents said it was a life saver to have the coloring books.  I also did a candy toss for the kiddies because they could not partake in garter/bouquet (it's just inappropriate to have a 6 year old catch a bouquet).

Once the dancing started, the kiddies were running, playing, dancing.  They never bothered me once, and I heard from all the parents that the children had a great time.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not a "dirty delete" the issue was resolved. Its not about them coming to the wedding it was about them coming into my mothers hotel suite(which is not very big) to get their hair done. Im sure my mother does not want her ex husband's wife there let alone her children. I explained the issue to my father and he completly understood. So we are all good
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Glad you got it resolved.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards