Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Woes

I am having a small wedding with no wedding party, but a long time friend of mine who I don't see very often said she wanted to throw me a bridal shower. A month or so later, I hadn't heard anything from her, so I casually asked if she was still interested in the throwing the shower. My stepmom had asked if she should throw it and I told my friend this. She said she wanted to throw it at her house, so I told my stepmom thanks, but it was taken care of. Well my friend asked me a few days ago to get together and discuss shower ideas and we decided on today. I texted her last night and today and never heard back from her. The shower date we picked which I've already told my family is now 3 weeks away. I don't know if I should just tell her to forget it or what. If she doesn't want to throw it that's perfectly fine. I just don't want to pester her about something that is a favor and that she doesn't have to do. I don't know if I can tell her not to bother without being rude. I could probably get someone else to throw it but we are running out of time. I don't want the shower for gifts, I just want the women in my life gathered in honor of me marrying the man I love. We aren't having a 100 traditional wedding, but I really want the traditional shower. what should I do?

Re: Bridal Shower Woes

• Options
    I wouldn't tell her to forget it. She may have purchased items for the shower and gone to a lot  of trouble making arrangements. I think it's typical for the host to get some basic information from the bride, such as a date and guest list, and then continue the planning on her own.  It would be okay for your step-mom to call her and offer help if she wants it. Otherwise, leave it alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards