Ohio-Columbus

Video slideshow

I'm a picture freak (so my friends say Tongue out) so I'd like to make my own video slideshow for our reception. Does anyone have suggestions on the best programs to use to make the slideshow that are either free, or fairly inexpensive?

I have a PC, not an Apple which is something else to consider.

Re: Video slideshow

• edited December 2011
    I'm just getting one of those digital picture frames that have the memory card and loading photos on to it, scanning old ones.  I plan to set it out for oour cocktail hour / bar area.  i hope it is as easy as it sounds in my head, lol
  • edited December 2011
    i have a mac so i usually use those programs but i've heard good things about this site...
    http://www.kizoa.com/

• edited December 2011
    does your operating system have windows movie maker? i have xp as well as vista on my 2 computers and both of them have this program...it is super easy to put together a slideshow, you just pull pics from a file on your computer, put them in the order you want, add transitions, title "pages", you can add comments/words on the "pages" with your pics, add music...and it doesn't take long. i just made a slideshow thing using pics from my recent vacay to show my parents and it took me about 15 mins total to put it together once i figured out what music/transitions to use =) good luck!

edit: and it's FREE! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I've made a few video slideshows using Windows Movie Maker.  It's easy to use and comes standard with Windows.  There are a decent number of effects, animations, titles, captions, etc. that you can use, too.

Edit: FutureMrsG beat me to it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! These are very helpful suggestions! I'll have to check out Windows Movie Maker. I guess i just assumed that my computer didn't have anything like that already. (I have Windows 7,) That would be so much easier and i love the word FREE! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards