Jewish Weddings

Reformed Wedding - - Symbolic - Tradition Ideas

Although we aren't having a Rabbi officiate, we are marrying outdoors under a gazebo - possibly with both of our fathers' tallis above us.  We want to include some traditions (i.e, breaking glass, marrying in basic wedding bands, our father's will lead a motzi at the beginning of the reception).  We would lsomething special for our mothers to do.  Any ideas?  Any suggestions for appropriate prayer?  Our wedding will be on a Thursday evening. 

Thank you!!

Re: Reformed Wedding - - Symbolic - Tradition Ideas

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_reformed-wedding-symbolic-tradition-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:350b97ed-782d-4729-9b76-693f7f8fe1b1Post:3632325f-c752-404f-8768-385729af894c">Reformed Wedding - - Symbolic - Tradition Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although we aren't having a Rabbi officiate, we are marrying outdoors under a gazebo - possibly with both of our fathers' tallis above us.  We want to include some traditions (i.e, breaking glass, marrying in basic wedding bands, our father's will lead a motzi at the beginning of the reception).  We would lsomething special for our mothers to do.  Any ideas?  Any suggestions for appropriate prayer?  Our wedding will be on a Thursday evening.  Thank you!!
    Posted by grasshopper026[/QUOTE]

<div>Your mothers could read the Seven Blessings.. I think that would be beautiful! And, having a talis above your heads is a perfect chuppah idea!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • agreed on the 7 blessings.  also you could walk down the aisle with both of your parents.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    just a quick note that the name of the denomination is "Reform Judaism" not "Reformed"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards