Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Cruise?!

So I had hoped we would be honeymoon-ing at an All Inclusive in Jamaica but its looking more and more like the money wont be available for that. I am trying to find another honeymoon spot that i will hopefully fallin love with as much as i fell in love with the all inclusive we had picked out. Alot of people have suggested we take a cruise, ive been trying to do my research but im clueless when it comes to cruises. What crusie lines are the best and which should i avoid? Any Ports we should not depart from? Are any or all of them All Inclusive? Any Tips would be great!!

Re: Honeymoon Cruise?!

• Cruisecritic.com has reviews of all the major lines.  Read through them and find a line that aligns most with what you're looking for in a honeymoon.
  • Based on the dates, i've only found like 4 or 5 crusies that we could even go on because we are leaving the day after our wedding!! So i dont have much to compare, consider as far as that goes!
  • Then maybe look into the places where those cruises go and where they leave from and decide wihch one sounds best to you!

I'm biased in favor of departing from New Orleans as a fun city to have a chance to visit :-)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • We are leaving Iowa the day after the wedding but departing for the crusie 2 days afterwards. That being said we are departing on the cruise on Monday and there aren't many options for a monday cruise, and we are not waiting for the following weekend
    We will be married on the 22nd, fly to florida(or whever the crusie departs from) on the afternoon of the 23rd (after gift opening and guest departure, the flight im looking at doest leave iowa until 5pm) and then board the ship the afternoon of the 24th.

Are any cruises all inclusive?

• They are inclusive to a point.  Food in the main dining rooms and some additional venues are included (beverages are not, except maybe iced tea, but you can purchase a soda card that will get you an unlimited amount for the length of the cruise).  Other restaurants charge you a cover to get in, but after that the food is generally free.  Alcohol is not included, but some lines have wine packages you can purchase.
  • Also, Carnival allows you to board with a bottle of wine each and a case of pop each. They givefree milk, water, and if it hasn't changed, free juice. Most food on the ship is free, but don't forget that you do need to budget extra money for tips, excursions, and often for food on the excursions.
  • I also love the Princess line!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-cruise-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:7f481257-4324-47cf-aae7-675ca2d04af7Post:ad102582-380f-41b5-a06d-4f964424cdf0">Honeymoon Cruise?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I had hoped we would be honeymoon-ing at an All Inclusive in Jamaica but its looking more and more like the money wont be available for that. I am trying to find another honeymoon spot that i will hopefully fallin love with as much as i fell in love with the all inclusive we had picked out. Alot of people have suggested we take a cruise, ive been trying to do my research but im clueless when it comes to cruises. What crusie lines are the best and which should i avoid? Any Ports we should not depart from? Are any or all of them All Inclusive? Any Tips would be great!!
    Posted by shanliann[/QUOTE]

<font color="#0000ff"><strong>I can tell you all you need to know about cruises - i LOVEEE them!! I have been on 2 and am going on my 3rd for our honeymoon!! Were going in October so Im a little nervous about the rain but this will be the FI's first time and Im so excited for him :)</strong></font>
  • Okay I will post again because now that I read through I will post more!!

I am from IOWA too :) Where abouts?? We get married in July but cant go until October. Were flying down super early the day before out of Chicago into Miami. Make sure to get a hotel right by port -wherever it is you choose to go from. Also, ALWAYS go down the day before at least - never the day of unless you book the flight with your cruise. I have only been on Carnival and am kind of biased because I love Carnival! They are known as the party ship.. lol. They are also a bit cheaper. With cruises, you often get the early saver rate which is going to give you the better rate the earlier you book - unless you  book at the absolute last minute.

No cruises that I know of are ever ALL inclusive. None of them include your alcohol. BUT they have SO much amazing food on them and for all the entertainment, ports you get to see, etc I think its WAY worth it... like i said im a little biased because i absolutely LOVE them! My suggestion - get a BALCONY room! They are soo awesome! I have had both a port room and a balcony and definitely go with the balcony!

Also, remember when going to the ports, you do not have to go on excursions, lots of times we didnt we just hung out or went through the people that are there. Make sure to research your excursions as well- there are some pretty awesome ones but also some pretty downer ones that take up way to much of your time.

Hmm..... what else! There is something going on all hours of the day so you should never get bored!

Someone said something about cruise insurance - and Yes MAKE SURE you get that! Its about 100 more per person but so worth it.

I have been out of both Miami and Tampa - I personally am not a fan of the town of Miami but the port is really neat to leave from. Tampa terminal is veryy clean.

Anything else let me know :)
  • From the Quad City Area. We are thinking of the Carnival 5 day Bahama from Port Caneveral, on Ecstasy. Like I said we are kinda limited on what we can pick from because we want to leave soon after the wedding. We are looking for something to leave on a monday. We will get married Saturday, have our get together breakfast and spend time with people sunday morning get all our stuff taken home and what not, and then head to the airport sunday after noon, and be into where ever we fly to by sunday evening and be able to sleep in on monday before getting up and heading to depart!!
  • jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    I have been on 15 cruises and have seen it all. Stay away from Carnival and Norweigen; Princess or Royal Caribbean are the way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards