Michigan-Detroit

PSA: Amanda Williams Photography

Just wanted to let you know that we booked Jen from Amanda Williams Photography from our wedding and just got a letter in the mail that she is opening her own business!  Very exciting for her.  So if you want to use Jen, I imagine her contact info will be changing shortly!

Re: PSA: Amanda Williams Photography

• amyn1919amyn1919 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Got that one too;) Good for her!! They are both wonderful!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I kind of wondered why she never did this before.  Good for her!
  • mel7997mel7997 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Actually, just spoke with Amanda earlier tonight.  Jen was scheduled to do our wedding.  But, now Amanda is taking over all of the people Jen was booked with because Jen went "MIA" according to Amanda.  Apparently, Amanda was fine with Jen's decision to go on her own, but Jen was not available when brides were contacting her about the weddings she had shot. I'm happy that we get Amanda, but crazy situation right before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
    For Sale Bio!
  • Jen1029Jen1029 member
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    mel7997 - Did you get a letter in the mail too? We had to signed a contract that said Jen MacPherson photography on it and told that Jen would take over...
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011

OK...now i'm confused..i got a letter that said that Jen is just branching out on her own, but she is still doing our wedding...did anyone else get info that Amanda is now doing their wedding??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jen1029Jen1029 member
    edited December 2011
    I got the letter that said that as well. My friend, whose wedding is in July has not received any communication abotu this change. She's emailed and called Jen but hasn't heard back. I'm a little concerned about the lack of communication... Does anyone has Amanda's number they could PM me with?
  • mel7997mel7997 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Jen- U have a PM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
    For Sale Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    Got the letter in the mail too. Not going to lie- I'm pretty nervous about it. I wanted Amanda originally but she was unavailable for our date so we went with Jen. There was an issue with the length of time it took to get our engagement photos from Jen and she went MIA for awhile (Her photos are beautiful tho) - I hope things turn out better for our wedding though!
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat! I LOVED my photos, but we had an issue with time and communication also. I just hope everything turns out OK! I'm going to sign the new contract with Jen and hope for the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jen1029Jen1029 member
    edited December 2011
    I talked to Amanda, she hasn't heard anything out of Jen recently. She offered to help us find a alternative since she is unavailable on that day.

Amanda has been super helpful thus far and I definately wish she was available. That being said, we're not going to wait for Jen to show up. It's too big a gamble for such a major event. We're back to looking for a photographer =(
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies that have used Jen and received photos....how long did it take to receive your edited photos? Did she ever contact you in the meantime? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards