Second Weddings
Options

Need feedback

Hi Everyone
  My fiance' and I are going away to get married, just the two of us.. A couple of weeks later we are having a very casual reception open house for family and friends. This will take place on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm, my question to you is...
do we have finger food and cake or just cake.. The reception will take place at our church.. I am trying to decide what to have, I would really like to keep it simple: just cake but I am not sure.. Please let me know your thoughts.. Thanks

Re: Need feedback

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with some food.  Even at a casual get-together, people enjoy food.  Little appetizers, chips and dip, even if just some pretzles...something just to nibble on besides just cake.

Congrats on the wedding...it sounds terribly romantic!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    3pm to when?  If its much past 5, people will be hungry, and perhaps expecting a meal.  So if you are planning until 5-6pm, I think cake, punch and munchies (as pp said, I personally would go heavy on the dip type things and add bread with spinach dip, some sort of mexican dip, and a fruit & cream cheese dip to round things out)  would be fine.  After that, up to about 7pm- you probably need at least heavy appetizers.  If you areinviting people to stay there any later, they should be fed.

Enjoy your wonderful real wedding, it sounds romantic and perfect!  ~Donna
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what the prior posters said. It will depend on how long you are expecting people to stay, how many there will be.

If it's just a short term reception, no extended mingling, etc, if you want to offer a dessert table with the cake, coffee, soft drinks, that would "flesh it out" a bit.

If you are expecting them to stay longer, maybe snacks or appetizers of some type. I see you are in the Columbus area, perhaps go to Gordon Food Service, Sam's Club or a Costco, and check out their snack, dessert & appetizer prices. Both are reasonable for large quantities.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure your guests will be thrilled to share your marrige with you. Congrats from this Wolverine fan to (I'm sure) a Buckeye fan.
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the same thing--went away on a planned elopement, just the two of us.  It WAS terribly romantic as PP said.  We didn't do an after reception, though.  We thought we would, but just never got around to it. 

Best wishes, enjoy your time together--the best time was the first 5 minutes after the ceremony for us.  Our officiant/photographer encouraged us to go off for a few minutes alone, and I am so glad she did!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards