Florida-Central Florida
Options

Bridal Shops - Orlando/Altamonte/Winter Park Area

Hi there!  I'm online looking for bridal gown shops in the North Orlando area.  We're on a budget!  I'm also looking at consignment shops.  I would rather find one by 'word of mouth' than pull one off the internet.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Bridal Shops - Orlando/Altamonte/Winter Park Area

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's bridal is good for on budgets.... there are other sales out there in smaller shops too though. Just make sure you avoid Savannah Grace Bridal (if they reopen)... see they stole my money a few posts down.

You could also check out the Wedding Classifieds on the knot or preownedweddingdresses.com. I know some knotties on here have gotten their dress of Ebay too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Alfred Angelo in Altamonte.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Demetrios in Altamonte has dresses for all ranges.  If you are willing to drive a little further down I4 to Colonial there is Lily's Bridal that carries Maggie Sotero and other affordable lines.  Modern Bridal is across the street too. 
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butterflies Bridal in Oviedo is clearing out their bridal dresses. Everything is 50-75% off and original prices are all under $1000. So sale prices should all be under $500. No longer doing orders- everything is off the rack. 

I bought my gown from them and LOVED the experience. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls this is going to help me make appointments for places when i try on wedding dresses for the first time next weekend!!! So excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Long's Bridal in Orlando for a reception dress, and thought they were great! I know one girl had an issue with them ordering their dress... but when I went they had BEAUTIFUL sample gowns on sale for only $99. THey weren't chincy ugly dresses like you might expect, they were beautiful and modern with full trains. So if you are looking to purchase off the rack, I HIGHLY recommend them!
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do NOT go to Minerva's or Savannah Grace Bridal.  They are both horrible. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone been to Minerva's?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got her dress at Minerva's and overall had a good experience,but she really had to be on the ball with them.

I got my dress at Something Blue Bridal and have had wonderful service.It's on Dr.Phillips and Conroy.

My other friend got her dress at Modern Bridal shop and said they were awesome as well (cheap allterations and big selection.

Best of luck!
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edellisedellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly suggest Something Blue Bridal in Dr. Phillips. They also have  two shows coming up in Aug (I believe). Their designer for veils and jewelry will be there. I found some gorgeous Justin Alexander ballgowns there for $1300 and under. Overall, their prices are great.

There is also Pricella of Boston in Dr. Phillips.  I didn't know it at the time, but they are super expensive.
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Solutions Bridal and Something Blue. Just be prepared for most of the gowns at those stores to be a bit more pricey. If you want to be able to find nice gowns closer to $1000, I recommend Lily's on Colonial. I do not recommend Minervas, Butterfly Bridal, or the Altamonte David's Bridal.
  • Options
    emtaquinoemtaquino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW, thanks for all the suggestions everyone! ok, I have my list of shops to visit next weekend!  Congrats to you all!!
  • Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you are looking at consignment stores, Classic Consignments in Altamonte carries a bunch of wedding dresses.  When I was there they mentioned they had some Vera Wang dresses for around $1200!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards