Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability : Monday

Hey all! I was immediately freaked out when I didn't see an accountability thread posted today yet, but then I realized it's a holiday for all you people livin' in the US. So here goes! (And I'm sure that we'll have another weekend recap tomorrow too, but here's this for any Canadian brides that may or may not be out there, or US brides that just have some spare time today)

This weekend was okay for eating.. for some reason on Saturday I just couldn't shake my sugar cravings. I don't know what happened there, but ALL I wanted to do was snack and eat chocolate. It felt exactly like one of the days from five months ago, before I started eating better! Luckily, I made it through the day only 100 calories over budget and got my eating back on track yesterday. I made these grilled pineapple slices for dessert last night http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/05/grilled-pineapple-2-pts.html and OMG they were delicious. I usually grill pineapple just as it is, but these were TO DIE FOR. And I didn't feel guilty about eating seconds.

Exercise was pretty good, ran Friday, rested Saturday (I worked 5-1am Friday & Saturday) and then when on a bike ride with FI yesterday. Today exercise of some sort will happen, just haven't decided yet if it will be on the bike or a run!

How did the weekend go for everyone else?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability : Monday

• This weekend I swam a mile Friday, Swam another mile saturday, walked all over old town, and mount vernon on saturday. Took a down day yesturday due to 24 hour ear infection YUCK! Ran 3.5 miles in the heat. I'm going to go tinker with my bike in a minute and see if I can get it set up with the trainer. I have pilates and possibly a second run on the docket for this evening.

Eating went ok split a slice of cake with FI at Mount Vernon after all the walking. I'm not to concerned about weight though.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:18c3a23f-4dc0-459f-83be-542fbedcfeb6Post:4159d548-18a4-4d12-a4bd-9903d26217f4">Re: Workout Accountability : Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This weekend I swam a mile Friday, Swam another mile saturday, walked all over old town, and mount vernon on saturday. <strong>Took a down day yesturday due to 24 hour ear infection YUCK!</strong> Ran 3.5 miles in the heat. I'm going to go tinker with my bike in a minute and see if I can get it set up with the trainer. I have pilates and possibly a second run on the docket for this evening. Eating went ok split a slice of cake with FI at Mount Vernon after all the walking. I'm not to concerned about weight though.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Aww that sucks! Ear infections really are terrible.. Glad you're better today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • souptinsouptin member
    First Comment
    Hey guys!

I had a decent weekend, I did a body combat class saturday morning.....wow...almost lost my breakfast 4 times the class was so hard, but I made it through it. Sunday all my back muscles were screaming and they are still a bit sore today but I am going back to the gym for Zumba tonight.
    food was only kind of ok this weekend, I indulged more then I usually do but not terribly over the top.

Sarah that pineapple recipe looks deeeelllliish!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H and I are getting ready for Run for Your Lives (like Warrior Dash, except zombies chase you too and try to steal your "life"--flags on a belt on your waist), next weekend, and we're terribly unprepared.  We had both stopped running for awhile for various reasons, but today we knocked out a 5k running 3 minutes, walking 90s.  We made it through, and it felt better than I thought it would.  We won't be fast, we won't "survive" (if you make it past the finish with at least one of your flags, you survived), but we should be able to finish at least! 

And then hopefully we'll be more motivated to train for Warrior Dash, which is in a month.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:18c3a23f-4dc0-459f-83be-542fbedcfeb6Post:25a7fd39-10d6-470d-a47a-c6aa8caf62f7">Re: Workout Accountability : Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I are getting ready for Run for Your Lives (like Warrior Dash, except zombies chase you too and try to steal your "life"--flags on a belt on your waist), next weekend, and we're terribly unprepared.  We had both stopped running for awhile for various reasons, but today we knocked out a 5k running 3 minutes, walking 90s.  We made it through, and it felt better than I thought it would.  We won't be fast, we won't "survive" (if you make it past the finish with at least one of your flags, you survived), but we should be able to finish at least!  And then hopefully we'll be more motivated to train for Warrior Dash, which is in a month.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

That sounds so fun! Let us know how it goes! Good luck training, and surviving!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:18c3a23f-4dc0-459f-83be-542fbedcfeb6Post:7fa07b78-8e4e-4856-99f1-0f69db2c9aeb">Re: Workout Accountability : Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability : Monday : That sounds so fun! Let us know how it goes! Good luck training, and surviving!
    Posted by Sarah5200[/QUOTE]

It should be fun!  We hope to actually survive NEXT YEAR if it's something we want to do again :-p

And that pineapple looks awesome.  I love grilled pineapple!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Happy Memorial Day everyone!

J&K that sounds so fun, but I would be totally intimidated by other people actually chasing me.

Yesterday my sister and did these awesome Nike Training workouts.  Anyone here have an iPhone? I would absolutey recommend downloading the Nike Training app. It's a collection of 30 and 45 minute circuit workouts.  We did two 30 minute workouts (on the beginner level) and we were drenched in sweat. And I'm really, really sore today. I haven't felt this sore in awhile.

Today I ran 4 miles and stretched for a longggg time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • H deployed so I am now a rockstar with my diet/exercise on the weekends.. lol. I didn't do heavy exercise this week because I have a nasty chest cold, but lots of hiking/walking. Today I hit up BodyStep and BodyFlow, then went for an 8mile hike. 
    Good weekend :) Hope you all got to enjoy a three day weekend!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:18c3a23f-4dc0-459f-83be-542fbedcfeb6Post:32e4f4cf-167a-4711-92e4-7f3816661460">Re: Workout Accountability : Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Memorial Day everyone! J&K that sounds so fun, but I would be totally intimidated by other people actually chasing me. Yesterday my sister and did these awesome Nike Training workouts.  Anyone here have an iPhone? I would absolutey recommend downloading the Nike Training app. It's a collection of 30 and 45 minute circuit workouts.  We did two 30 minute workouts (on the beginner level) and we were drenched in sweat. And I'm really, really sore today. I haven't felt this sore in awhile. Today I ran 4 miles and stretched for a longggg time.
    Posted by heyjude23[/QUOTE]

I LOVE your sig pic! Bow ties are cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards