Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

How Many Days are You Staying in Vegas?

Our wedding is on a Thursday and we are planning on flying in on Tuesday and staying 4 nights minimum...5 max (leaving on Sat or Sun of Labor Day weekend).

Re: How Many Days are You Staying in Vegas?

• Options
    We fly in on Monday, Bachelorette / Bachelor parties are thursday, family dinner friday and wedding on saturday, then we leave for our honeymoon on the Tuesday. We're going to drive to Los Angeles and do a California road trip for our honeymoon then driving back to fly home out of vegas the following tuesday.

Since most guests start arriving on the wednesday we wanted to have a few days to ourselves first - we booked a room at Vdara for monday and tuesday before we head over the homebase hotel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm actually only staying 3 nights. I get in Thursday afternoon, plan to go to get marriage licence, run errands Friday, get married on Saturday evening, and leave Sunday. Ive vacationed there so many times that I didn't feel the need to stay too long. rather save my vacation days for my honeymoon a few weeks later
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did Thursday to Tuesday (wedding Saturday); it was good to have a few party days afterward since there was no time beforehand.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    krisstyle12krisstyle12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I'm in Cali so 3 days is usually overkill. But for the wedding and enjoying out-of-state guests, we thought we'd stretch it to a 4-5 day fiesta.

What's a good "homebase" hotel? We are currently booked at MB and Cosmo with kids 12, 5 and 2 and 70 yr old parents. Hope those are OK??????
  • Options
    We fly in Saturday and fly out tues evening with wedding in Monday.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_how-many-days-are-you-staying-in-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:aee64964-d89b-4473-8c16-e65cdf40fb40Post:92098bd6-39fb-4c4c-bacf-29921fb48282">Re: How Many Days are You Staying in Vegas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's a good "homebase" hotel? We are currently booked at MB and Cosmo with kids 12, 5 and 2 and 70 yr old parents. Hope those are OK??????
    Posted by krisstyle12[/QUOTE]

From that aspect, Cosmo relatively central-strip, MB not so great.  The walk from MB to the closest thing that would have any interest for a kid (Excalibur) is probably about 20 minutes even with the moving sidewalks between Luxor & Exaclibur, which seem to be broken half the time.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    We fly in sunday, wedding friday. Few days to adjust to the time difference from uk and fi doesn't do too well with hangovers so he can have his bachelor party on the Tuesday and hopefully be fine for the wedding lol. We fly to san fran on the sunday of labor day weekend! Almost date twin!x
  • Options
    I'm a labor day bride too!! Getting married Sunday Sept 2. We will fly in that weds, get marriage license and settled in, Thursday is for errands, Friday is bachelor/bachlorette parties, Saturday is DDB tour and family dinner at stripburger, then Sunday is wedding at platinum hotel!!! We will leave later in the day Tuesday for our honeymoon to Dominican republic! So excited! I took two full weeks off from work, I figure why not....its my wedding!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:How Many Days are You Staying in Vegas?:[QUOTE]I'm a labor day bride too!! Getting married Sunday Sept 2. We will fly in that weds, get marriage license and settled in, Thursday is for errands, Friday is bachelor/bachlorette parties, Saturday is DDB tour and family dinner at stripburger, then Sunday is wedding at platinum hotel!!! We will leave later in the day Tuesday for our honeymoon to Dominican republic! So excited! I took two full weeks off from work, I figure why not....its my wedding! Posted by sarahgirl2[/QUOTE]

Opps I meant we will leave Vegas that Monday labor day. I think most of our guests are coming thurs/Fri to Monday.
  • Options
    We are flying in on Wednesday morning and trying to get most errands done that day. Men's warehouse for tuxedos, hair and makeup consultation, and pick up marriage licence. Thursday night is dinner for the wedding party. Wedding is Friday at 5pm. Saturday we are renting a few cabanas so our guests can hang out at the pool all day. Then we are planning on flying home sometime on Sunday but might push it till Monday we haven't decided on that yet. So four or five nights total.
  • Options
    We are flying in Weds evening (day after tomorrow, aieeeee!!!) and staying til next Wednesday. Thursday -  errands, Friday - Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, Saturday - recover from Friday's debauchery, rehearsal dinner & DDB tour, Sunday - Wedding. Mon-Weds will be a mini-moon/relaxing/enjoying Vegas & the few guests who will still be around.
  • Options
    We fly in Sunday with wedding on Thursday. We are leaving the next Monday.. A lot of time, but we used to live there so we will have some places we will want to visit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We fly in Thursday, leave following Friday with Wedding on Sunday, . Staying 8 nights total. Thurs we will pick up marriage license and explore the Strip (FI has never been to Vegas).  Friday is errands day - hair trial, pick up booze for DDB, visit Joe's to see the Reception space.  Saturday my sister (MOH) are going to get mani/pedis in the am and DDB Meet & Greet at 7pm.  Sunday - Wedding.  Monday is going to be our relax/hit the pool/do whatever we want day - just the two of us.  Tuesday we are going to rent a couple minivans and head to the Grand Canyon with some of our guests.  Wednesday is my Mom's 60th bday so we'll do supper & drinks with the family.  Thursday will be our last full day and the only day with no guests so we'll do whatever we please!! 

So excited, 41 days it's coming so fast!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_how-many-days-are-you-staying-in-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:aee64964-d89b-4473-8c16-e65cdf40fb40Post:92098bd6-39fb-4c4c-bacf-29921fb48282">Re: How Many Days are You Staying in Vegas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm in Cali so 3 days is usually overkill. But for the wedding and enjoying out-of-state guests, we thought we'd stretch it to a 4-5 day fiesta. What's a good "homebase" hotel? We are currently booked at MB and Cosmo with kids 12, 5 and 2 and 70 yr old parents. Hope those are OK??????
    Posted by krisstyle12[/QUOTE]

<div>We ended up picking the Flamingo - primarily because of the pricing options. I've stayed there in a GO room and really loved it, and we are getting a Mini Go Suite but our guests can stay there without breaking the bank with all different levels of pricing. Plus its so central, and has that old school vegas history. </div><div>
    </div><div>I agree with Vegasgroom re: Mandalay - it is quite set apart from the rest of the strip, so whomever is staying there just needs to be aware of that - I remember i was so thrown off by just how BIG everything was the first time i was in vegas lol - blister central walking the length of the strip to see everything :) </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brookerichbrookerich member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We are staying 11 nights.  We fly in on Wednesday morning, wedding guests start coming in on Saturday, wedding is on Sunday then honeymoon the rest of the week till the next Saturday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are staying 10 nights.  We are flying in late on a Wednesday, bach parties on Thursday, getting marriage license Friday, meet and greet on Saturday, we get hitched on Sunday, Monday is one of my bridesmaid birthdays, friends are leaving Monday-Tuesday, going on a sunrise hot air balloon ride on Wednesday morrning and seeing KA that evening, skydiving on Thursday, relaxing Friday, and coming home Saturday afternoon (which is FH birthday) to have dinner with friends and family back in Washington.  BUSY BUSY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    62 have been invited image
    35 will be the in body image
    27 will be there in spirit image
    RSVP Date: May 26th, 2012
  • Options
    We're staying Wed-Wed.

Wed - errands, hair trial, date night (CraftSteak - yay!)
    Thurs - tuxes, drop off items at Maggiano's, bach parties
    Fri - pool day, all day! :D
    Sat - wedding
    Sun - couple's massage in the evening
    Mon-Wed - no official plans

This will be our honeymoon, so we wanted to have plenty of time post-wedding to relax and enjoy ourselves :)
  • Options
    We're just doing three days, since we live in L.A. and Vegas is kind of a regular thing.  We are driving in Friday morning, FI is having a small bachelor party with his out of town friends Friday night, Saturday is the wedding, and then Sunday (after everyone else has gone home) we are having dinner just the two of us and then seeing the Beatles Love show, which I've seen but FI hasn't.  He's really excited about that!  :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We'll be staying in vegas for 6 days.

*Wednesday- Fly into Vegas at 10:30pm, get marriage license.
    *Thursday- Boudoir session with Olga Wilson from Dott Photography,                     Bachelor/Bachelorette party
    *Friday- Buy alcohol and other items needed for in-suite reception, Rehearsal dinner at one of the buffet's, still deciding.
    *Saturday- Wedding @ 3pm
    *Sunday-Dinner and a show
    *Monday-Fly out in the morning.
  • Options
    WednesdayMonday trip. 6 days First 2 for us, next 2 for guests, 1 for wedding and a day to fly home! And the day after that out to Hawaii... :
  • Options
    We are getting there on Thurs, wedding is on Sat and we are coming back on Monday.  Originally we were coming back on Sun but as of last week, we decided to stay till Monday.  Luckily for us, we are driving so we didn't need to do anything other then book another night in the hotel.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are flying in on a Thursday leaving Monday. Our wedding is on Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards