Oregon

caterer reviews

If anyone has any experience with the following catering companies, can you please let me know?  I am in the process of receiving quotes and just want to make the right decision.  Any info you have, from quality of food, professionalism and appearance of staff, fulfillment of promises, etc. is appreciated!

Catering by Laurie
Portland Catering Company
Catering At Its Best
Always Perfect Catering

Thanks!

Re: caterer reviews

• edited December 2011
    The only one I've had first-hand experience with is Catering by Laurie.  Overall, I wasn't really impressed.  I don't know if it was the specific menu that was selected or if my impression would translate to all her dishes, but I felt like it was on the lower end of the scale in terms of quality and presentation.  And everything sort of tasted the same (very heavy on the lime and cilantro).

If you haven't looked into them already, you might check out Popp Catering.  I've had their food a couple of times and have always enjoyed it.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Bistro Catering in Milwaukie is great, and Julie, the owner, is super friendly and really cares!
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that the Bomber in Milwaukie has great food at cheap prices.  I  can recommend GG's Deli in Milwaukie for good prices and great taste.
  • Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_caterer-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:0b930ce5-ea4a-4423-9ad0-2f32c42d5932Post:40113d25-1935-4853-b28a-894781bd0f64">Re: caterer reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bistro Catering in Milwaukie is great, and Julie, the owner, is super friendly and really cares!
    Posted by mustanggoonie[/QUOTE]
    Ditto! She is the best! We are going with her too. She is fun, funny and puts up a great menu for a great price. I would for sure check her out before you made your decision. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • aammaarraaaammaarraa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    call Lanning at Portland's White House Bed and Breakfast. They are a bed and breakfast but Lanning is the owner/chef and he does off site catering. AMAZING FOOD!! guests are always raving about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards