Connecticut

~crushme8602~

Just wanted to check in and see how it went with Leila today.  I was thinking of you and crossing my fingers!
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: ~crushme8602~

• edited December 2011
    Carrie! You are sooooo sweet- and I appreciate that you remembered! (I was actually going to post something - but then thought 'who would really care?!' - haha).
    Anyway, as I was driving up to the place and saw it, I was a little nervous - lol. But, Leila was great! She pinned the sides of my dress (took in more than 4 inches she said) and I could see the difference immediately. We realized that the dress maker actually screwed up on one section of the dress (front and center btw), but she is going to fix it. She also pinned up my train to make it work perfectly in a way that I didn't even know it could be done.
    She was very soft spoken- while I was bouncing around so excited! You were totally right and I love you for recommending her! haha. Even though the alterations aren't even done, I'm just so happy that I was actually able to see how the dress is supposed to look and supposed to fit. I have to go back on June 18th.

BTW I mentioned you recommended her and she spoke highly of you. She said she respected and thought it was cool how you did the tea ceremony at your wedding.

Thanks again Carrie! And, I will keep you updated :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Megan!  lol!  I should have forwarned you that her shop was in an old house!  I had driven past it so many times before I got a recommendation for her that I knew what to expect.  It totally didn't even occur to me to mention it!

I'm sooooo glad you had such a great experience with her!  What a relief that you were able to actually see how the dress will look and now you feel so much more secure about it. Yay!  She totally fixed several things that weren't working with my dress too, so I'm happy that she's able to do the same with yours.  Did you leave the dress with her to begin the alterations or are you going back on June 18th for your first fitting?  Can't wait to see how it goes after your first set of alterations!  I want to see pics!
  • edited December 2011
    I know! Ya, the dress is in her hands! I go back on the 18th to see how it fits- I guess. I thought that was early - but we'll see what she says/does. Also at the time we are going to decide if we want to add more sparkle to the dress (beading). I'll have another update on the 18th! Woohoo! Yay for liking me dress again! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Good move!  I know Leila will get it done for you, but it's also wedding season.  The more time she has, the better I think... especially if you're contemplating adding beading.  That takes time.  The time crunch at the end for me really stressed me out.  Given, it was totally a miscommunication and accident, but it still caused me a bit of unnecessary stress.  Just remind her of your wedding date every time you see or talk to her! lol!  Take pics on the 18th!
  • edited December 2011
    Will do! Thanks again! :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards