Pre-wedding Parties

Ideas for day-of food in the bridal suite?

My girls and I are getting hair & makeup done in the afternoon on wedding day from 12pm until 5:30pm, the wedding starts at 6:30pm and reception at 7pm.

I want to provide lunch/light dinner during hair & makeup time, but I'm not sure what to provide.  I love to cook and throw parties, but wedding day is not the day for me to make my famous appetizers, chocolate ganache and sangria!

Did you keep it simple with a sandwich ring & veggie platter, or do something entirely different?  I always over plan and provide too much food and always go a little nuts in the process :)  I want this to be simple for my own sanity, but I want to make sure everyone gets a decent meal prior to walking down the aisle at 6:30.  Thanks!!!

Re: Ideas for day-of food in the bridal suite?

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend's mom had bagels, coffee, tea, fruit, donuts, etc... available while we were getting ready.

I reccommend offering something substantial since 12pm to 5:30pm is a long time and dinner probably won't be served until about 8pm.
  • edited December 2011
    For my sister's wedding we did a panera run and just got several different soups/sandwiches. It went really well and was nice and light but still filled us up enough :)
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to order sushi for the "girl's room" and the "boy's room"
  • edited December 2011
    As long as everyone gets fed and has a good time it should be fine. Maybe ask your BMs what they would like to snack on and see if that is in your budget.

At least you are offering to feed them I was in a wedding and we had to get our hair done at like 9am, help set up the hall and the bride didn't offer anything all day. By the time dinner came around I was starving and practically attacked the food. At least the bright side is that I noticed what not to do for my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing boxed lunches and salads from a local deli and maybe adding a fruit or veggie tray. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had chicken salad sandwiches, pasta, sodas, chips, fruit and water.  Our hotel provided it but I was going to do Jason's Deli if they didn't.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad I read these boards! For some reason I hadn't even thought about feeding the girls the day of or even myself. I dont want to be one of "those brides"
  • starbuckchicstarbuckchic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I discovered Publix caters so I'll order a few trays and a sandwich ring per your suggestions.

Best of luck for all your planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards