California-Los Angeles
Options

Venue HELP

Hello Ladies,

FI and I are both LA County natives and we want to have our wedding nearby. We would LOVE to have it in a park that has a view of the ocean. We have found two parks: Eling's Park in Santa Barbara and Kate O'Sessions Park in San Diego. The only problem is these are too far....

Do any of you know of a park with an ocean view that lets you drink alcohol that can hold 200 people closer to the LA/OC areas??? I know we're looking for the holy grail of wedding sites, but I was hoping someone knew something.....

We're going CRAZY over here trying to find a venue....

TIA!!!
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Venue HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at  the Long Beach Museum of Art which overlooks the ocean....I know it is not a park.  There is a park very close to it that overlooks the ocean...but I doubt you can drink there as it is public property.

Maybe you should look into the museum as it has a large grassy "parklike" area for the wedding.

Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you for the response!

we LOVED the museum of art but our guest list is too large for the museum....  :(

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the redondo beach historic library....it's in veteran's park, overlooks the ocean, and is sooo beautiful.  it was one of our top picks for sure!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    schuttlbugschuttlbug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might look at Founders Park.....also refered to as Trump Park.  It sits next to Trump National in Palos Verdes.  I just don't know if you can use it for more than the ceremony and if you can serve alcohol.  But it does had a beautiful ocean view.
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG those places are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Thank you for all the help ladies.
    :)

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Adamson house in Malibu. You need to have it outside, but it's a gorgeous ocean-view location.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards