Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Fund website

Has anyone used the website honeyfund for honeymoon gifts? I wanted to do this but then Imwas told that a lot of these sites take a fee off your gifts. I had a friend use this one and she did not think they did.
Any thoughts on these websites? Good, bad?

thanks!

Re: Honeymoon Fund website

• I looked into it out of curiosity and from what I could tell, they either take a cut or tell the gift giver to send you a check in the mail. I'm not totally against HM registries (I know, unpopular opinion) but it seems pointless TBH. I think the best thing to do is to have a small gift registry then have family or the WP let people know you'd like cash (only if asked, it's really rude to flat out ask for cash).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • If you just want money, don't register. You will either get random gifts or cash. ALL websites take a cut of your gift. It's just gross to ask for money for a freaking vacation.
  • I agree with PP. Leaving the tacky or not argument out of it completely, I still don't get HM registries because you are getting LESS money than if the person would have just written you a check. Why bring in a middle man just to give you money? Doesn't make sense.

Just make a couple small registries for guests who want to give "traditional" gifts. People will get that you'd appreciate money. I would say 80% of the guests at our wedding gave us checks and we had two fairly large registries even.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    People are already aware that cash is a great gift. You don't need some gimmicky website collect money and take a cut of it. 

Do a small registry and people will get the hint that cash is appreciated. Your wp can spread the word that you are registered at store x but saving for HM. This way you won't be offending your guests by asking for cash directly or deceiving them into thinking they are buying you an actual gift from the HM reigstry only to find out you received cash anyway, minus fees.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-fund-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:93672910-3700-490f-9f2d-d79f129d9a80Post:7e97c636-86b6-484f-a937-d5103c5f3b98">Re: Honeymoon Fund website</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PP. Leaving the tacky or not argument out of it completely, I still don't get HM registries because you are getting LESS money than if the person would have just written you a check. Why bring in a middle man just to give you money? Doesn't make sense. Just make a couple small registries for guests who want to give "traditional" gifts. People will get that you'd appreciate money. I would say 80% of the guests at our wedding gave us checks and we had two fairly large registries even.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for this advice!! </div>
  • I give money for weddings, but if you have a HM registry, I give you less. Just sayin'. 
  • This board and the people on here tend to despise honeymoon registries. Only you know your family. Would they be offended? It is great that message boards like this can be full of information but unfortunately someone across the country from you does not know your family or friends.

Honeyfund is the only registry website that does not charge a fee unless you use credit card of paypal. They will then pass the charge they receive onto you.

• edited October 2012
    I don't like honeymoon registries. How can they not charge anything? They have to make money somehow & for me better I get those money for my wedding. I use travel agent & if somebody wants to pay for part of honeymoon they can do it thru my travel agent & I know for sure no charges
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards