Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Tucker Plantation- BEWARE!!!

KNOTTIES BEWARE!!!

I found Tucker Plantation in Athens GA and fell in love with the pictures I found online. I set up an appointment and my Fiance were very surprised to find out that they were willing to meet with us on a Sunday since we were coming from Atlanta and had over an hours worth of a drive. We arrived a little early and were confused as to where we were supposed to go. We ran across a maintanence guy who said that the wedding planner who I had made the appointment with was not there yet. We were fine with that since we were early, and he offered to show us around while we were waiting. About 20 minutes into the appointment, still no wedding planner.

At the end of our tour, he finally called her and she said that she was sitting in her office- couldnt make the effort to come to the event space to meet us? So we had to drive 2 buildings down to meet her in her office. We talked about logistics and left feeling like although there was a mix-up, she was competent and organized.

My parents live in Tennessee, so when my Fiance and I decided that Tucker was the place for us, I arranged for them to come down so that they could see the space and sign the contract since they would be the one fitting the bill. I emailed the same wedding planner and asked for a copy of the contract for us to look over before our appointment. She informed me that the next day would be a busy one for her, but she would email it the following day. I waited for 3 full days before finally emailing her and asking why I had not heard anything from her. My mom also called her twice, and sent an email as well. She finally called my mom back, NOT me, around 8:30 at night saying that she was in Louisiana and had forwarded our info to her business partner. She emailed me back and said the same thing- no apologies, mind you. 

Our appointment to meet with her business partner was today. My parents made the 7 hour trek to be there on time. We all were there 5 minutes early, and the place was deserted. We waited for 20 minutes before calling the business partner, to no avail. We called another couple of times, leaving messages each time, before finally her husband called us back saying that he had her phone and couldnt get in touch with her.

These people are wedding planners, and we have been blown off by them TWICE- and we havent even signed a contract! I can't tell if they are so cocky that they feel they dont need any more business and dont care if they loose potential clients, or if they have just lost touch with reality. Either way, I feel like when we are willing to pay someone $7,000 for their facility, the least they could do would be to act professional and keep us informed when they decide to disappear. We are more than flexible people, but they are completely negligent and I would be scared to entrust my wedding to them.

I thought I would let anyone thinking about Tucker about this experience! Be careful!

Re: Tucker Plantation- BEWARE!!!

• Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! So sorry you had to go through all that...that must have been a horrible experience, but good thing they showed their true colors before the contract was signed. Good luck with your search for a venue!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    swilliams2011swilliams2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am personal friends with April who is a wedding planner at Tucker Plantation. Her mother had a stroke Sunday morning which is most likely the reason you had the issue with the appointment on Sunday. April is the most professional, caring and responsible person I have had the priviledge of knowing.  Not only is there nothing she wouldn't do for her family and friends, I believe she will go above and beyond for the people she contracts with. I hate that you have dealt with this unfortunate ordeal. I certainly hope it works out for the better
  • Options
    jenngrrl75jenngrrl75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Ick!  What a nightmare!  Thanks for the heads up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was more about the other wedding planner, Conley. She blamed everything on me. We understood that April couldn't help what happened in her family on Sunday. She finally got in touch with us two days later. 
    Once again, it is all about professionalism. I have now picked another venue with another wedding planner who has time for her clients. Conley, was the one who was rude and unapologetic and ruined the venue for us. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $7,000 for a venue rental?! *phew*

We ran into a similar experience with a location in North Georgia.  We were willing to sign a contract on the spot March 2010 for a wedding in September 2011, but she told us we had to be "approved" to have the wedding there first.  Our group would have been blocking out 30 rooms (guaranteed paid for,) night before festivities, wedding day festivities, and breakfast the following morning for our guests. 

Several days of phone calls, e-mails, etc. she tells us that they "director" couldn't agree to a wedding that far in advance.  What?  Someone's going to give you a hefty deposit, and you can't book us?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear all that.  I'm a Wedding Planner in Athens and that just is crazy.  Have you looked at the Thompson House and Gardens.  They are located on the other side of AThens in Bogart which is closer to the hotels in Athens for out of town guest.  On Guest own's the venue and I work with her on almost all of her weddings and I know that is not how they run their Venue.

Thanks,
    Jessie Patton
    Wild Flower Event Services, Owner
    (404) 345-8113
    www.wildflowereventservices.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry you had to deal with that situation, it seems like a huge misunderstanding. We are using Tucker Plantation for our wedding.  Although we had originally started working with April, one of the planners that used to work at Tucker Plantation, she constantlly seemed to drop the ball-forget meetings, not email me information after reminding her weeks at a time, etc.  So we switched and started working with Conley.  This has turned around our negative feelings towards the planning process.  Conley has done an amazing job.  She is always curteous, always on top of things, and is available 24/7, even when she was on maternity leave.  She even sent me an email pertaining to my flowers the day after she gave birth, while she was still in the hospital!  Now I don't know anyone else who would do that for any of their clients.  My whole family loves working with her.  I hate that you had a unfavorable experience with Tucker Plantation.  Ours has been a wonderful one and it is all because of Conley.  Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are comprable venues to Tucker Plantation- this story kind of worries me! I can't stand facilities who think they're doing you the favor! 
  • Options
    They kept our deposit for two months and then finally sent it back saying that they will no longer be holding weddings there after October 2012. I feel sorry for any brides with less time to find a new venue. I'm totally disgusted. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards