DC
Options

Pre-Marriage Counseling

I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a religious-neutral pre-marriage counselor in the DC area.  My fiance and I are getting married in Massachusetts next summer and we will be doing an abbreviated version of the traditional religious pre-marriage counseling with my minister, however we'd like to meet with someone in-person here in DC.  Please let me know if you can help!!

Re: Pre-Marriage Counseling

• Options
    kjane12kjane12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask your minister, who probably knows someone in DC, to recommend you to someone willing to "continue" your abreviated counseling. 
  • Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most marriage and family therapists offer premarital counseling, with no religious component.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hope this information in helpful. My fiance is in Iraq and I am currently in MD so we are doing a couple's workbook until he gets stateside.  The name of the book is "Before you Say 'I Do' by H. Norman Wright and Wes Roberts.  The book is Christian based and AWESOME.  I thought it would be boring doing the assignments but we are learning alot about ourselves and each other. Our relationship is growing and more importantly so is our relationship with the Lord. You two should definitely give it a try.  Best wishes.

He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards