Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Father-Daughter dance

I was at my Dad's place on Sunday and he told me that our father-daughter dance would be to "Dance with me Daughter." Um.. apparently I don't get any say in this?

Not only do I hate the song and it's almost 5 minutes long but he just got married in September and that's the song that my Step-mother and her dad used (why at 65 she felt she had to have a father-daughter dance is beyond me but that's another story).

I told him that I don't want to use that song and I'd like to find something we can both agree on. We're going an old-hollywood/vintage glamour type theme and we're playing a lot of Frank SInatra-esque type music during dinner hour and FI and my first dance will be to Fly me to the Moon. His mother-son dance with be to What a Wonderful world so both songs fit with out theme. I feel like it will be so put of place for my Dad and I to use something that doesn't go with the theme. Does anyone have any ideas??
Anniversary

Re: Father-Daughter dance

• Options

Is there a certain artist that you & your dad use to listen to together when you were growing up? It may be an easy fix by using one of those songs for setimental reasons rather than trying to get things to "match".

I don't listen to country at all & don't plan on playing any at my wedding (except for Johnny Cash of course) but I'm surprising my dad by having our first dance be a John Denver song that he & I use to dance to together when I was little. Doesn't fit our theme but it's for my dad & he's more important than any "matching".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards