South Carolina

Planning a Myrtle Beach wedding from Erie, PA

HEllo to anyone who is reading this: We are getting married June 22, 2013 at The Dunes CC in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am planning this whole wedding from Erie, PA. Any suggestions you have would be great!! Topics are below: Officiant? We are getting married right on The Dunes lawn Wedding music? Band?? One that will have the whole place dancing the entire time! Florist? Photographer? Beach houses for rent near The Dunes? Salons for bride, 2 moms, and 11 bridesmaids to get hair done?? Thanks!!

Re: Planning a Myrtle Beach wedding from Erie, PA

• Check out Tru Sol (trusolband.com) as a band - you have to be in to their style of music (they also do covers), but they're great if they fit your style.

Lindsey Mills, Carmen Ash, and Brooke Crystl are great area photographers. Gene Ho is also good.

& check out Vanity Suite Salon. Kris Clark is the owner. She's awesome. It's not a super large salon - I believe it's her and four others, but it's worth a shot! 

Good luck!
  • I'm getting married in Myrtle Beach next month and we're using a judge to officiate. His name is Bill Bruner. I would give him a call:  843.448.9253. He's been doing this for a while, and he's sooo sweet!
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you guys for the quick responses.  Does any one have any clue why shutterdoggy is so much cheaper than any other photographer I've spoken to?  I received quotes from Paula Player, Gene Ho, and Young Photography and they are double or more than him!

Any one ever have Groovetown band?
  • OFFICIANT- Wesley Peyton. I love him and his wife and the both do weddings.
  • Hi there, I'm getting married in Myrtle this June. Here are some of the people I'm using. For my stylist www.amicreations.com, she is reasonable and comes to your venue. For my cake wwwthecakelady.com My photography www.photosbysasha.com Still working on florist. I have checked with North Myrtle Beach Florist, but still checking. Happy planning and I hope this helps at least a little.
  • I'm assuming you already hired a photographer but if you are still looking, I am able to help! I actually live in Erie, PA but would travel to SC for your wedding for minimal travel fees. Just airfare. My packages range from $1800-$3000. My website is www.shawnamorath.com

I'm from western NY and moved to Erie last year :)

-Shawna
  • GrooveTown is the best band there is period I have never seen better !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards