Christian Weddings
Options

Prayer Requests - September

Does anyone have any requests?  

Did you have any requests in prior months that you can update us on?

Re: Prayer Requests - September

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 2 big requests..

The first is for my mom at her job. She's a nurse and made a huge error last week, and is still in limbo not knowing if it cost her her job or not. She's had meetings with HR, but the director of her program has been out since it happened so they're waiting for their perspective before making a final decision. They've asked her to work her regular shifts this week, which is good news, but she's worried that they're going to have to fire her. My parents are the sweetest people ever, but they've been having a rough time financially the past few years since my dad got laid off, and my mom had been the breadwinner. So, if she loses her job I don't know what they're going to do. Please keep them in your prayers.

My other big request is for a friend of mine who was 6 months pregnant, and she lost her baby last week and had to be induced to get the baby out. It's absolutely heartbreaking, and I can't imagine how she and her husband must feel. Please keep them in your prayers as well.

Not much of an update on my grandfather who had a stroke the day after Easter this past spring. He's still making slow and steady progress, but he'll never be able to go home and has moved to an apartment type living situation at a local nursing home. DH and I just bought our plane tickets to fly home for Christmas as it's really important for me to see him and spend some time with him. Please continue praying for him and his recovery and for my grandma who's been going through a rough time dealing with all this.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for your parents, your friend and your grandparents.  Thank you for the update on your grandpa.

My mom is having thyroid surgery to remove the thyroid and the 4-inch nodule (and other nodules) on October 14.  I'll be asking for prayer for her surgery later but please pray that her shingles will completely heal and not recur before her surgery.  Thank you.
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine's little brother was killed in a plane crash.  He was 21 years old.  He was a strong Christian, and the family obviously takes great comfort in that, but it's still one of those times all you can do is ask "why?"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, I will be praying for your mom's health and that her surgery goes well.

Yoda, I am sorry to hear about your friends family loss.

I have a prayer update. We got good news a couple weeks ago regarding my brothers return date from his deployment. We aren't allowed to say the actual date but it is sooner then we were thinking!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have an update on my mom. She did get terminated and is no longer allowed to work in any department at that hospital. She says she's numb and is in such disbelief after working there for more than 20 years that they would just get rid of her without a second chance. As she was the breadwinner between her and my dad she's in serious need of a new position fast. Please keep her in your prayers that she'll find the right job and soon!

Great news sprtychick about your brother! I'll pray for his safety in returning home.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm  praying for all the requests!

I'd like to add the following: my favorite high school teacher, Mrs. Q, who I am still in contact with, was rushed to the hospital yesterday morning. She is fighting her 3rd bout of cancer and has a "marker" which means her cancer will most likely always return.

She has two little ones and her husband left her this past winter since she "couldn't take care of him". Please pray for her health, little ones, and her mom (the one helping her out). She is a Christian and believes in the power of prayer!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness! FaithCaitlin I'm sooo sorry to hear about your teacher. That's such an awful story. I'll definitely be praying for her and shame on her so called husband! What a jerk move. When we take those vows they're for sickness and in health and for better or worse. Sounds like he never took those vows.. wow that breaks my heart and makes me so mad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    summerkutie, I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for her as she deals with this and a new job opens up for her

FaithCaitlin, I will be praying for your teacher and the doctors taking care of her. Her husband should be ashamed of himself but he will have the ultimate judgement one day!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kate - sorry to hear about your mom (I've been delinquent in checking this post - sorry!).  I'll be praying for her.  That is such an awful situation.

Faith - I'll be praying for the teacher too.  That's so heartbreaking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have two prayer requests.

1. My neighbors brother is in currently very sick.  They are giving him a few hours left to live.  Please pray for him and his family.

2. We took my dog to the vet today and found out that she hurt a disc in her back.  She is a long haired miniature dachshund and they are very high prone to back injuries.  She is in a lot of pain and cries every time someone picks her up.  Please pray that she heals successfully and does not get further injured.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayer request for my brother and SIL. My brother is deployed and here lately my SIL has started making some choices in regards to their family that are stressing my brother out. He is almost done with his deployment and we don't want any more stress on him and you would think his wife would respect this. Praying for peace of mind for him, my parents and our family.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards