Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Wendys Going out of Business!

Just received this email that apparently Wendy's in Reading is going out of Business:
  • 400+ Bridal Gowns NOW $99-299 , regularly priced $500-1000
  • Thursday-Sunday
  • 11am-5pm each day
  • Over 500 bridesmaids dresses at $25, values to $180

When: September 1-4, 2011

Where: 133 West Benson Street in the Reading Bridal District

Re: Wendys Going out of Business!

• Options
    TedfordlTedfordl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got that same email too!!  What the heck! I just picked up my bridesmaid dress for a wedding I am in this weekend and they didn't mention it at all.  I wonder if this is a surprise for the business as well.  Though we had terrible customer service from them, so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_wendys-going-out-of-business?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:f66cb71a-af37-4651-ad22-4f2bcde8478fPost:d866da6d-f81e-4d18-b5d0-11829bc830de">Re: Wendys Going out of Business!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got that same email too!!  What the heck! I just picked up my bridesmaid dress for a wedding I am in this weekend and they didn't mention it at all.  I wonder if this is a surprise for the business as well.  Though we had terrible customer service from them, so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Posted by Tedfordl[/QUOTE]

I know I was shocked too! But I think they must have known because they were REALLY pushing me to buy a dress and very rude. I'm glad i Didnt buy one because now I wonder what happens to all the people who bought dresses and are waiting on them. I wonder if their accessories will be on sale too?
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Shock here, too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls, this isnt right. I just called because the website didnt mention it at all. It is just a sale and I think they probably sent it out to promote the sale but claimed they didnt have anything to do with it. But they are definitely not going out of business. But the lady I just talked to was totally rude... maybe they should ha
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Options
    TedfordlTedfordl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's the weirdest way to promote a sale.  I bet they are going to get a ton of brides calling who are worried about their dress purchases.  Shame on them for making such dramatic false claims.  I think I would have cried if I found out that the place that was making my dress was going out of business!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is the weirdest thing to me, too.  The email says right across the top:

Reading Bridal Store Closing All 400+ Bridal Gowns MUST Go
    Get your designer bridal gown regularly priced $500-1000 for only $99-299. Every dress is priced to sell so come in to find a deal on your favorite dress styles at these unheard of low prices. Out of Business Sale begins Thursday! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't wait for a retraction of some sort and see how they word it....
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused because people are going to be freaking OUT if they ordered a dress and it's really crappy of Wendy's to promote a sale that way. Another reason I'm glad I stayed away then. Although I find it strange the email would repeatedly say goin out of business?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Apparently it is just an off the rack sale and the entertaining thing is that it is going on until the 24th and they made it sound like the store would be closed in 3 days... maybe one of their bridal consultants working on commission put it out
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls. I drove by the district last night with my FI and the outlet typw store is the one going out of business not the regular one. There was a sign outside it saying that they were closing. It's the one by the pub down the street. Hopefully this clears things up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IMHO, the main store should go out of business. Got a bridesmaid dress there for my BFF's wedding, and it was a nightmare. They were unbelievably disorganized, rude, and slow. They misspelled my name so badly that the alterations store couldn't find it at pick-up. Just an all-around mess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Completely agree. They are horrid. I can't stand them
  • Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, reading all these things about Wendys makes me glad I'm not working with them at all! I agree with some of the PPs.... maybe they SHOULD go out of business! I hate rude people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saw this article on the Enquirer's website. It is only the oulet store, not the full-priced boutique that is closing.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/developingnow/2011/09/01/reading-bridal-shop-to-close/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards