May 2013 Weddings

Non-Wedding Vent

UGH.
So P lives llike 2.5 hours away from me and I see him Fridaynight-Sunday Night each week, plus normally on wednesdays.
In his big jacked up dodge ram, it costs him $80 per trip to come see me, so almost $700 a month in gas.
We've talked recently about cutting out wednesday trips to sock aside a few extra hundred towards the wedding each month. Good idea, right?
So this wednesday he couldn't come b/c he was on quarters (basically their base dr said he was too sick to work, which means he can't leave town), so he was going to come thurs. We talked about it and i said it's crazy to spend $160 in 2 days to come down 2x... just skip thurs and i'll see you friday.
Great.
Today he's halfway here when he gets a call from work saying he has to work "Freedom Fest" tomorrow. UGH.
Annoying, but whatever.
It's from 9am-9pm. Are you freaking kidding me?
And the really annoying parts are as follows:
My sons birthday party is on sunday so i'm running around like crazy getting sh*t done b/c, as you all have seen, i'm a pretty much 100% DIY kind of person, and parties are totally my thing... I always take on more than I can chew, and THIS time I didn't! YAY! I took on EXACTLY what 2 people could reasonably accomplish without stress... except now it's just me so i have, again, too much to do. :(
Plus I had JUST RSVP'd to a birthday party for tomorrow (and told my kids) thinking I'd have an extra set of hands to help me manage two non-swimming kids in a massive pool for 3 hours. This is going to suck. LOL
I also talked my ex into letting me keep the kids tonight (when they are normally with him) b/c of the party tomorrow... "Why come get them at 5pm, just to have to drive them back to my town (45 min from him) at 10am for a party?? Lets just keep them here overnight, i'll take them to the party, and you can have another night in the house alone to get the house ready/carpets cleaned, etc for the party." Except now I have 2x as much work and 2 kids I wasn't planning to have. Wouldn't have been a problem with 2 kids and 2 adults, but 2 kids, 1 adult, and 2x the work sucks.

So now I'm back off to hobby lobby b/c I underestimated our RSVP list and didn't buy enough for the gift bags. Seriously... when do you ever have 20+ children RSVP yes to a 7 year olds party?? LOL. This is going to be crazy...
Jackie (Photographer by trade) & Patrick (Military Police Officer)
May 18, 2013
"I Love My Wounded Warrior"
May 2013 Brides November Sig: The venue

Re: Non-Wedding Vent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards